I’m still have this problem

MacBook Pro mid 2014
High Sierra 10.13.2
Message 61 of 155 (2,750 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora
@SimQARobo
It’s been almost 2+ months now and nothing. When is the glitch going to get figured out. I understand it is happening to a select number of people, but it doesn’t mean that the glitch shouldn’t be looked it and figured out. Or at least give some type of update. It’s honestly ridiculous, there is people seriously not even playing the sims or avoiding everything that deals with CAS because of this glitch and we aren’t getting answers.
Message 62 of 155 (2,677 Views)

★★★★ Novice

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.2

Macbook Air (13-inch, 2017)

Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1563 MB

I've tried both with laptop mode enabled and disabled. I've tried every solution suggested on the original post. I never had this problem on my Dell laptop, but as I understand it is Mac specific. I got the Mac on Monday. I downloaded the Sims 4 and all of my packs on Wednesday. I launched the game the first time on Thursday and experienced the glitch immediately. It is Friday now. 

• I just installed the Sims 4 on my Mac - any software on my computer could have theoretically caused it.
  • Did you update your version of macOS before encountering the error? Yes
  • Did the error appear after updating Origin or the game? I just installed the Sims 4 on my Mac - the first time attempting to use CAS I experienced this glitch.
  • I've tried using both the trackpad and a third party mouse. 
  • Sims 4 Limited Edition, Get to Work, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, the free Holiday Celebration Pack, and Life of the Party.
  • Does your monitor have a touchscreen? No.
  • What resolution is your monitor? 13.3-inch (1440 x 900) | Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
  • Are there any other programs running while the game is running?  I've tried playing both with and without other windows opened - no effect. 
  • Is Origin In-Game enabled or disabled? Enabled.
Message 63 of 155 (2,657 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@padf00tgirl
Get use to the glitch because it will never get fixed, it originally started happening back in March.
Message 64 of 155 (2,652 Views)

★★ Guide

I've just noticed that if you press the mouse wheel you can rotate the sim from any point of the screen. You still have the random part of the sim selection going on, but at least you can work just with the mouse.

Message 65 of 155 (2,568 Views)

★ Pro

On my mac you can also hold the right mouse button and rotate also.

Message 66 of 155 (2,556 Views)

★★★★ Novice
macOS High Sierra
Version 10.13.2
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1876 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I only recently switched from playing on my PC to my Mac, and the first thing I encountered was this glitch. I have all of the packs except for the newly-released Laundry Day, and when I first started playing it on my Mac, I didn't use mods or CC. Although, now that I see how long this glitch has gone without being fixed, I highly doubt it will be solved in the future.
Message 67 of 155 (2,478 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Another update for the sims and still nothing to help fix the cursor glitch. Lovely.
Message 68 of 155 (2,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm also a Mac user and I just came across this glitch when I downloaded the Cats and Dogs pack. I don't think it has anything to do with mods or custom content because I've taken them completely out multiple times and the glitch still persists. I've done all the steps, restarted my computer, wiped my computer of the game and origin and re-downloaded everything multiple times just in case, did the super clean thing or whatever, taken out my saves and such, etc, etc. I've literally done everything and I have no idea why it's happening. Something must be wrong with the game, my computer, origin, my mouse, or something I have no idea about.

Just wanted to mention my view on it just in case it meant anything. It probably doesn't help much. :/

Message 69 of 155 (2,278 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
A new update came out today. I doubt the glitch has been fixed because it’s been a year. And literally no one says anything about the glitch. It’s honestly so rude that no one can even give us an update about the glitch.
Message 70 of 155 (2,200 Views)