Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

by iimlana

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Same problem here since update to 10.13.0 and 10.13.1 (same time got Vampires)

My Specs :

macOS High Sierra 

Version 10.13.1

iMac (21.5, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

No mods at all, only clothing cc

Packs: GT,GW,Outdoor, Vampires,Spa,Fitness,Bowling,Vintage,Perfect Patio,Holiday,Grims.

I can Right Click to rotate in CAS, but all other problems stated( body grab sticking,flashing parts,etc) are happening.

Have tried all above "Fixes" many times to no avail.

Message 51 of 155 (2,116 Views)

@twmuse

Does it happen if you move out your CC and then repair the game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 155 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@BluebellfloraYes it happens even with all cc taken out.

Message 53 of 155 (2,091 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Repairing the game does not work. Even if you go in the game with no mods after the repair, still does not work. Everyone that gets asked if repairing the game works, they say it does not. Doing the super repairs do not fix the issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Sims 4 still does not get rid of the glitch. Asking people if they did any of this gets us no where on wondering why this glitch is happening.

From looking back at the people submitting their specs from back in April-June and now I noticed that everyones GHz is lower than 3.0, the newer iMacs has a 3.0 or higher. If you look at everyone who has submitted their specs majority of them have older MacBooks meaning their GHz are lower than 3.0 and there is only a couple of the newer MacBooks that has a 3.0 GHz and the people who has an iMac has a 2.7 GHz including me. There is no one who has submitted their specs who has a 3.0 or higher. So I could be wrong but the fact the GHz is much lower could cause the glitch to happen. 

All of us who has submitted our specs has one thing in common and thats the fact our GHz is lower than 3.0 and the game cannot process it properly. 

The reason it does not happen to a lot of people is because most people who play on mac computers has a much newer model. 

So we need to stop asking people if they repaired their game or removed the mods or do anything that was listed on the first, because none of it works. The only thing we all have in common besides High Sierra is our low GHz. 

How this glitch was fixed last time was because Apple sent out an update for the computers and that some how fixed it and no one knew how that glitch happened. And it took months for that update to come out, so we are just wasting time asking if people if they did any of the repair tips on the first page. It did not work then and it is clearly not working now. 

@Bluebellflora

@SimQARobo

@twmuse

@13Vader

Message 54 of 155 (2,067 Views)

@iimlana

It would be easy if everyone posted the same info and experience but they don’t which is why clarification is always needed.

I have 3 Macs which are under 3.0 GHz, none of them experience this issue. I have booted these Macs up on all versions of macOS from 10.7 onwards where possible, again I cannot reproduce this issue. The CPU speed is largely irrelevant as there are Intel Core 2 Duos, i3, i5 and i7 CPUs. i5 and i7 CPUs also turbo boost so a higher clock speed is possible. What maybe more relevant is low end integrated Intel graphics in entry iMacs, 13” MBPs and MacBook Airs. Too high settings on a machine which doesn’t have enough power causes lag in the game which is similar to the issue reported here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 55 of 155 (2,060 Views)

★ Pro

@Bluebellflora

But this IMac ran without the glitch ever since I first got sims 4, and the 10.13.1 OS is less memory intensive than 10.12 was.

I have tried the lower graphics settings, and it changes nothing on the glitch, in 10.12 I ran with almost all settings max and had no issues whatsoever, and in 10.13.1 I have the same settings and all runs even better, except for the CAS cursor issue.I do not have any issues with game lag, only the CAS cursor issue.

I know that 10.13 changed some things with the mouse cursor, that caused issues with other programs (Photoshop for one), and I think it may be the same cause of the CAS glitch.

Message 56 of 155 (2,050 Views)

@twmuse

I know and agree with everything you have said. I'm not saying that lowering your settings will fix it, I'm explaining the similarities based on @iimlana's reply. If every single Mac user was experiencing this issue it would be much easier to work out what the cause is but actually a very small percentage of users are reporting it. And there is still no obvious common denominator for it. A mouse cursor issue in High Sierra is not the cause of the glitch as users reported it who are running Sierra.

Maybe @SimQARobo could shed a little light on this? Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 57 of 155 (2,042 Views)

★★ Novice

I had only found this problem a few hours ago. This is my first time having it. 

My Specifications: 

macOS High Sierra

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I have done all 6 steps and none of them have worked. I only very recently updated to High Sierra, before that my Sims game worked perfectly. I am using an apple mouse. I have Get to Work and City Living installed. Most of the time I only have iTunes running whilst playing. I have attached the Option file too. 

Message 58 of 155 (2,023 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
This glitch will honestly never get fixed because all we get asked if we tried the different steps to try to solve the glitch. And we get told that they’re looking into it, but I was told that back in March when this glitch started happening. To be honest I wish this was happening to everyone and maybe it would have been solved by now and even maybe known of what causes this, but since it is a selected few it’s not on EAs concerned list.
Message 59 of 155 (1,996 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Any news on this glitch?? Because I’m hope it will be fixed in the next patch.
@SimQARobo
@Bluebellflora
Message 60 of 155 (1,874 Views)