Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

by iimlana

Original Post

@13Vader

Thank you - that's really helpful. I've added the video to my opening post, hope you don't mind Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 155 (3,661 Views)

★★ Guide

It's ok, I'm willing to help.Standard smile

Message 12 of 155 (3,654 Views)

★ Novice

I've got this problem too, was really unsure how to word the problem when I searched for it but found this. 

My details are: 

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4

MacBook Pro, 13-inch, Early 2015

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Tried with a wireless mouse and my trackpad, have the same issue with both. 

Looks exactly like the posted video. 

Have Get To Work, Get Together, City Life, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Vin. Glam., Romantic Garden, Kitchen Stuff, Patio Stuff

Message 13 of 155 (3,624 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora

I just watched the video that was uploaded and that's exactly what's happening to mine!
Do you have any clue what could be the problem or have heard anything ?
Message 14 of 155 (3,598 Views)

@iimlana

No Frown  You all have the same family of integrated Intel graphics in common though. I'm still waiting for anyone to confirm whether enabling laptop mode makes a difference - perhaps you could try?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 15 of 155 (3,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've just tried that. Laptop mode (full screen and windowed mode). Still happening Frown

Message 16 of 155 (3,569 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora
@13Vader

I wonder if the gurus know about this issue. How would you contact them to share the issue with them or to at least see if they know about the issue?
Message 17 of 155 (3,549 Views)

@13Vader

Thanks for trying and confirming it makes no difference.

@iimlana

As I already explained in your previous thread, gurus are not present here, they post on the official forums. @EA_Kristi has replied in this thread and your previous one stating that this may be a bug or a technical issue so she is aware. Not everyone is experiencing it and you all have Intel graphics which may indicate some sort of issue due to the low power of these integrated chips (which is why I asked for someone to try enabling laptop mode). Still, only a handful of Mac users are posting about this. When there is a bug affecting all Mac users, or at least those with specific hardware, there would be a slew of posts about it here and over on the officials. I'd love to know what's causing it and if there is a workaround too but as I cannot reproduce it myself then I cannot test any possible fixes. You've already apparently tried the suggestions and nothing has worked.

I understand your frustration but at least it's not a game breaking issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 155 (3,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora

I know that they don't go on here...
I was just asking if someone asked them if they know about it.
I know that if you go on sim guru nicks twitter you can tell him problems, so I was curious if someone did that...

And don't you think if the gurus know about it they might have a solution because they work on bugs for the sims and they work for the sims. The issue isn't gonna get solved if they don't know about it. Just saying.

And if this helps, the newer 21.5 macs are intel, not sure about MacBooks, so I don't know if that really makes much of a different.
And my game has always worked with intel, when I first played with and it showed the issue I didn't do a Mac update or a game update since previously playing it before that.
Message 19 of 155 (3,534 Views)

@iimlana

If you think the gurus will listen to you on the officials then by all means post there and tag them, or maybe tweet them your concerns? This is an EA forum for technical issues mainly so is the best place for this sort of problem. I'm fully aware of the Mac models, both current and past. I'm not saying your Intel chips are causing this, just that that is the only thing in common that you all have. Yes, your game will work but dedicated GPUs are always preferable for gaming and deliver the best performance.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 155 (3,509 Views)