OriginAccess took away my ability to play Sims 4

by DSQuala

Original Post

OriginAccess took away my ability to play Sims 4

★★ Novice

I pulled up Origin, ready to play the Sims, when I noticed a little message underneath my game saying I could get a free "upgrade" for the Sims 4. I didn't think it would immediately upgrade it (whatever the hell that even means), but that I'd be redirected to some information about what that entailed. Instead, I completely lost access to my game. When I pull it up in my library, I'm barred from playing it because the version I "upgraded" to requires PC, not Mac. It shows me a link where I can buy the game for Mac. I am NOT paying for Sims 4 again because Origin decided to screw me over. I need to figure out how to fix this. These EA "reps" I've been talking to are not doing squat for me. Has anyone else dealt with this? 

Message 1 of 4 (459 Views)

Re: OriginAccess took away my ability to play Sims 4

Champion (Retired)

This is a user to user forum we can not help with account issues. You need to contact a game advisor for this.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (448 Views)

★★ Novice
I did. They did nothing to help me whatsoever. I'm asking to see if anyone else has had this issue, though, in case they've solved it.
Message 3 of 4 (455 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You might have a little more luck asking in the Sims Mac forum as people on PC will never have this problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (433 Views)