Re: Play time will not update for the Sims

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Origin stopped tracking hours played

Hero
Are you on a mac ? This is a known mac issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 55 (2,186 Views)

★★ Novice

yes I am on a MacBook Pro(Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). Do you know of a solution? or when the devs will fix it?

Message 42 of 55 (2,183 Views)

Hero
@Thoria327

Moving this to the mac forum then.

I don't think there's a workaround and I don't know if this will ever get fixed.

Tagging @Bluebellflora to merge with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 55 (2,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin is just a terrible application and it keeps on getting worse with every update. I have had this issue since September 2016 and still today it says that the 8th of September 2016 was the last day I played and that I have only played 66 hours. Half the time I can't even scroll with my trackpad and I actually have to use the scrollbar. And the scroll becomes very slow and scrolls the opposite way to my settings. Currently, the application is cut off at the bottom of my screen so I can't even access my profile and settings. It's just unacceptable 

Message 44 of 55 (2,077 Views)

Origin not tracking Sims 4 hours played on Mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have contacted support and carried out troubleshooting steps, but my hours played have not been tracked since February 2017. I have been asked to post this here for it to be investigated further. Not a big issue but very frustrating and have seen other Mac users frustrated by this too. If anyone has a solution let me know. Thanks Standard smile

Message 45 of 55 (1,113 Views)

Re: Origin not tracking Sims 4 hours played on Mac

@simlymel

It's known issue but not a game breaker.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Origin-quot-Hours-Played-quot-and-quot-Last-Played-quot-not/m...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 46 of 55 (1,080 Views)

Play time will not update for the Sims

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Ive been having this problem... well since December 7th 2017. Since then, my playtime hasn't updated. I have 689 hours of gameplay (I know, I have no life.) And I want it to work again. Any help? Thanks in advance! - Danny

Message 47 of 55 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @72945

this is a known issue for macs.

There's no solution atm. It's something EA needs to fix.

(Marking this as the solution for visibility purposes only, there is currently no fix for this issue -  BluebellFlora)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 55 (4,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, I play on a mac as well and I've got the same problem, I already saw that it's a common issue but the thing is I downloaded the game on a second mac and since it's not picking up the hours i'm playing (I have checked the application settings and tried but it still doesn't work), the sims 4 folder in the electronic arts folder is not appearing, this disables me from installing any cc or mods, I hope origin fixes this... 

Message 49 of 55 (1,641 Views)

@NightSkrillG  If you're launching and playing the game on that second mac, then you must have a game folder somewhere.  If it's not in your typical Documents folder, then perhaps it's being stored on your iCloud drive, or maybe even somewhere else.  If you can't find it, try saving a game with an unusual name and then searching in the Finder for a file with that name.

Here are a couple of posts you might find useful:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

https://bluebellflora.com/syncing-sims-4-saves-using-the-cloud-and-playing-on-multiple-computers/

Again, don't worry about the Origin hours played not keeping track of your data.  It's unrelated to your other issue and can be completely ignored.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 50 of 55 (1,631 Views)