I'll begin with my laptop's info:

macOS Mojave (v 10.14)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2.6GHz Intel Core i7

16GB 2400MH.z DDR4

Radion Pro 560X 4096 MB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

My Issue:

Since this is a new Mac, it does not have the disk drive. I have used Origin to download Sims 3 (base game), then Generations (trying to work in order of release to avoid potential problems.) Next on my list to download is Pets, however clicking the download button does nothing. I tried next clicking the download button for Seasons, since it would be the next on my list. the download button for Seasons also does nothing when pressed. I like to work through all my options, so I next attempt University Life. this button does work. It immediately brings up the download window with the destination file.

I attempted to bypass this by using the origin website to launch the Pets download. Origin launches, but says that 'Activation is Required' for Unknown Game (attached a screen shot in case you've never seen it). These were previously physical disc games, with game keys I registered with Origin long ago. I have previously used the client to download my games on my old Mac.

I have already tried:

• Clean uninstall/reinstall of Origin using EA's guide
  • Downloaded and used ResetOrigin
  • Followed Bluebell Flora's answer on a similar post ( Origin> Preferences> Installs & Saves > Browse Game Installers --- The folder it opens is empty because it never actually added to the queue. I did not change the destination folder either, everything is default.)

So, I'm totally stuck. As you can see, I've tried everything I can think of, and it would be a shame to play the game without Pets and Seasons! Any ideas?

Note: I also definitely don't have access to the old product keys. Those are buried in the past since I've long migrated from discs!

Message 1 of 7 (2,005 Views)

Re: Origin Sims 3 EP download button not working

@kristinamg17  First of all, I wouldn't worry about the weirdness you saw on the Origin website.  The only way to download TS3 is through the Origin app anyway, and if your game library shows your packs as owned, you're fine.

Not being able to download some of your packs is a known issue with Origin, and EA is gathering information on it now.  It would be very helpful if you could submit an Origin error report and send some logs to @EA_Jason, who's gathering the data.  Since there are not that many of us currently trying to download packs in mac OS, any extra info would be much appreciated.

The first thing to do is reset Origin so that the logs are fresh.  Here's how to do it:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Then open Origin and try to download one of the packs that isn't cooperating.  When it doesn't work, quit Origin (force-quit if you have to), then file the error report.  To do so, right-click on the Origin logo in Applications, Show Package Contents > Contents > Applications > OriginER.  Just add a couple of sentences about your issue, submit it, and save the report ID to send to EA_Jason.

To find the logs, open a Finder window, click Go and hold down the option key, then select Library > Application Support > Origin > Logs.  You can highlight them all and right-click to compress; then upload the zip file to Mediafire or some other filesharing site.  (I don't think you can attach them to a post here, but if you manage to do so, EA_Jason can download them and then remove the attachment.)

You can PM EA_Jason the Origin report ID and a link to your zipped logs, along with a list of the packs you can and can't download (please list whether they're Limited edition versions if you know).  Or you can post everything here, and I'll send it along for you.

I know this is a lot, but again, EA doesn't have a lot of information on this issue yet, so it would be great if you could help.  But if not, I'll post back here when the issue has been resolved.

P.S.  I'll move this thread to the dedicated Sims/mac forum later, hopefully after you've seen my reply, as this appears to be mostly a mac-specific issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (1,931 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I’ll have to get working on that. Hopefully logs can eventually get this resolved!

Message 3 of 7 (1,924 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Posting your log here is fine, I'll find it and pass it on Standard smile

Jason.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,906 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, @EA_Jason, .zip is an unsupported file type according to the forum. What next?

Message 5 of 7 (1,819 Views)

@kristinamg17  What players have been doing is uploading the zipped logs to a free filesharing site like Mediafire and then sending EA_Jason the link so he can download them.  (It's also helpful to include the Origin Error Report case number in the PM.)  But I think Jason may have enough logs for now.  Still, another set can't hurt, if you have them ready.

Message 6 of 7 (1,813 Views)

@kristinamg17  There may be a workaround for your inablilty to download Pets.  Please see this post for the details:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Origin-Sims-3-EP-download-button-not-working/m-p/7142386#M148...

And please also post back letting us know whether this worked for you.

Message 7 of 7 (1,754 Views)