Re: My sims 3 game is stuck in the game mode

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My sims 3 game is stuck in the game mode

★★★ Newbie

so I tried playing Sims 3 again on my mac but it went black I decided to turn it off and on and it works but it's stuck in game mode I tried deleting it even origin it still isn't working please someone help me 

Message 1 of 2 (382 Views)

Re: My sims 3 game is stuck in the game mode

@Monbeis  I'm not sure how to fix it.  I can offer a couple of troubleshooting steps that won't do any harm, and hopefully one will reset things.  If they don't work, I'll ask someone who knows more about macOS than I do.

First, try resetting NVRAM and PRAM, which store information about some basic settings.  Shut down and plug in your laptop.  Turn it on and immediately hold down command-option-P-R.  The signal that you can release the keys will depend on when your laptop was made, but 20 seconds or so should do it.

You can also try turning off automatic graphics switching, if you happen to have a 15" MacBook Pro (I can't tell from your photo whether yours is the 13" or 15" version).  Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, then select System Preferences; if you can't see the apple, you can open System Preferences via its icon in Applications.  Either way, choose Energy Saver (second row, second from the left for me) and uncheck the box in the upper left corner, then reboot.  If it doesn't help, you can turn it back on.

If these steps don't help, please post your Mac's specs, if you can find them.  Click the Apple logo and select About This Mac, and take a screenshot or manually copy the information; be sure not to include your serial number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (366 Views)