My game isn't updating!

by Ploofy3

Original Post

My game isn't updating!

★ Novice

So, I am a MacBook air user. My sims game won't update with the new update with first person. All it says is resuming, but it doesn't load further. I'm not sure what to do! I am willing to try anything!

Message 1 of 5 (558 Views)

Re: My game isn't updating!

Champion

@Ploofy3, try resetting your Origin and then updating your game. The new patch is a big one, so it will take some time to download and install. Below is the link with instructions on how to reset Origin.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (516 Views)

★ Novice

@Tremayne4260

I tried that just now. I even cleared a ton of space on my computer and it still doesn't work! Any other ideas? That you for helping anyways!

Message 3 of 5 (465 Views)

@Ploofy3

Here is the specific link to the Origin reset tool, did you download and run the script? - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

You could also try the super repair:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

try checking all of you other folders in the sims 4 folder, i was having the same problem. I had my [redacted] folder in the wrong place, I might have done it while transferring it

Edit:  Removed name of mod.  Please don't mention content that raises the rating of the game.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)