My Sims 4 won’t open!

by MissRoseUnicorn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 won’t open!

★★ Novice

I recently updated my sims 4 game and purchased seasons, and at first my game was fine. But today when I went into my game, it keeps coming up with an error saying that some game data is missing or damaged. I have downloaded lots of CC but I really don’t want to get rid of any of it. Please Help!!!!

Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 won’t open!

★★ Novice

Thank you, I tried a simillar method to this and it worked. I moved my cc folder onto my desktop and launched the game, it worked fine. I knew I had a faulty piece of CC so when I moved my CC folder back, I moved my subfolders one by one onto my desktop and eventually found the piece that wasn’t working (it was a pacifier for my toddlers lol). I deleted it and now my games working fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (378 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@MissRoseUnicorn  Whenever you're updating TS4, it's a good idea to move your game folder (the one in Documents) somewhere else and put it back after you're done.  Otherwise, some files may become corrupted.

Now, though, you can generate a new game folder by dragging your existing one out of Dcouments and onto your desktop.  When you launch TS4 again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can load the game and play in a new save without issue, you can start moving your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  Test out a little bit at a time (you don't have to save your games without the cc), and if you see the error again, you'll know what was damaged.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (315 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I tried a simillar method to this and it worked. I moved my cc folder onto my desktop and launched the game, it worked fine. I knew I had a faulty piece of CC so when I moved my CC folder back, I moved my subfolders one by one onto my desktop and eventually found the piece that wasn’t working (it was a pacifier for my toddlers lol). I deleted it and now my games working fine.

Message 3 of 3 (379 Views)