My Sims 4 is super laggy, I can't do anything without lag.

by slybennett

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 is super laggy, I can't do anything without lag.

★★ Novice

I've played the Sims 4 for awhile now. I use to play when the game first came out, but I stopped. I started playing again around the beginning of May. I got really into building and built a house and made a family. Then I started building a new house. I recently got Get Together, Parenthood and Toddler Stuff. Most of my new house was Get Together and for some reason all of my packs disappeared in game and it notified me that about 84 objects in my game were gone (all the items I used in my house was Get Together). All of my packs showed up in the main menu though. I had to rebuild my entire house that I was working on. I'm worried it will happen again. Any help?

Another problem I'm having is that my game lags so much. I continued building the house that got deleted and I could not rotate the camera in this one spot in my lot. I also could not zoom in or out. I started to think it was the lot I was building in, so I started messing with the lot and it didn't fix it. My other house with the family was fine for now. I called an EA employee for help and they told me to delete all custom content (I only had a things which was illogicalsims new stuff packs that recently came out). The employee was CERTAIN it would fix my game. I went back to my game afterwards and It didn't work. I even updated my Mac and restarted it. After that I went back to my game and my new house was still laggy. I'm not able to do anything. I went back to my old house with the family and I couldn't really do anything there either. Occasionally I would try moving the camera round for a few minutes to see if the lag would clear up but it never really does. It's impossible to play.

My Mac is very compatible for the game, so I've come to the conclusion that it is not my computer. I have lots of storage on my Mac and nothing on it. I use safari and play sims and MAYBE I will play other games, but not often. I was also thinking if the cc I had on there gave me a virus or something, but if I did have a virus it would affect my whole computer, but my computer works fine. My game seemed to be running fine for the most part, but it has been kind of slower recently after this all started, which was about a week ago I think. I haven't been playing very often though because of this. I really want to, but I can't find myself even trying to at this point because my game barely works. I've been looking up solutions all the time, but I just can't find anything and even the stuff I find, I try and I just can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Someone please help Frown

Message 1 of 7 (1,442 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 is super laggy, I can't do anything without lag.

@slybennett 

Thanks. The lag will be because your NVIDIA GPU is very underpowered now to run the game. You may have seen that a few Macs (2012/2013 models with NVIDIA) can manually update the graphics driver. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be one for your Mac. Lower all your in-game graphics settings, cut down on CC/Mods and make sure you have nothing else running on your Mac while you play.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,364 Views)

All Replies

@slybennett 

Disappearing packs - were you logged into Origin using a different account? Packs are tied to the Origin account, not the computer.

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612... Knowing which Mac you have will  help understand the lag issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,408 Views)

★★ Novice

No I was not using a different account. Maybe my account logged out for some reason but I have not logged out. Also I will check out the link you sent and let you know. Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 7 (1,389 Views)

★★ Novice

MacOS High SIerra

Version: 10.13.6 

iMac: (27-inch, late 2009)

Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MD

I've seen stuff about Nvidia..? But I can't seem to figure out how to get there. I cannot find it at all. I don't know if I even need it or if its causing the problem, but I've seen lots of posts about it and the fact that I'm having problems and I can't even find it makes me think thats the problem.

Message 4 of 7 (1,384 Views)

@slybennett 

Thanks. The lag will be because your NVIDIA GPU is very underpowered now to run the game. You may have seen that a few Macs (2012/2013 models with NVIDIA) can manually update the graphics driver. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be one for your Mac. Lower all your in-game graphics settings, cut down on CC/Mods and make sure you have nothing else running on your Mac while you play.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 7 (1,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Thats what I thought it was. I wasnt sure. I'm really upset because I just want to be able to play like the youtubers do Frown But thank you for helping me figure out my problem it means a lot.

Message 6 of 7 (1,358 Views)

@slybennett

You're very welcome, I'm just sorry it wasn't good news Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,350 Views)