My Sims 4 game won't open

by Lord-of-Trash101

Original Post

Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

★★★ Novice

I did as you said and I then moved the folder from the desktop back into the Electronic arts folder thinking it'd make a change but it didn't. Instead, now it's empty completely and all my CC is gone from both the desktop folder and the folder that got remade. I'm losing my sh** right now. Please tell me how to fix this. I can't go through my downloads, it's very messy. 

Message 61 of 216 (2,983 Views)

@blvnco305

I've answered you in the thread you created here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/sims-4-gaming/m-p/6658445#M11441

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 62 of 216 (2,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is what is happening with mine and I have tried everything, my origin won't work unless I use the online version and it starts to load then stops.It was working then I enabled mods and it stopped after that.

Message 63 of 216 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Annabel45908

If it doesn't work with your CC/Mods that indicates one or more is not compatible with the current patch level of the game. Move them out and back in in small batches, testing to see if your game loads after adding each batch. When it stops working you know you've found the culprit. Move it out until the creator updates their CC/Mods.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 64 of 216 (2,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem-

The shortcut for Sims4 is on my desktop, but instead of the plumbob icon, it is just the simple white page with the folded corner. I've tried deleting cc, "repairing" it on origin, and restarting my pc multiple times.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong??

Help please ;-;

Message 65 of 216 (2,757 Views)

@smallapricot

If you right click on the shortcut and select Show Original, where is the location of the original app?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 66 of 216 (2,750 Views)

★ Novice
You can’t reinstall your sims. It happens when you install/download the game, even if your still in your origin account
Message 67 of 216 (2,730 Views)

★ Novice
I’ll try doing that, thank you for saying that.
Message 68 of 216 (2,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine does something similar. Except it says the game can’t play because Origin isn’t active. Even though it is. 

@Lord-of-Trash101wrote:

Whenever I click the Sims 4 icon it takes me to Origin, but when I click the Plau button on Origin it thinks about it for a moment and then does nothing. The Sims 4 will not load, it works fine with my other game but not with Sims 4. I tried restarting my computer but had the same issue, Origin will not load the Sims 4, although it did so earlier in the day. 

Message 69 of 216 (2,676 Views)

★★ Novice

HI Mai, 

I bought a brand new mac mini two months ago that meets all of the requirements for The Sims 4.  I bought The Sims 4 for my kids and a few upgrades/add-ons from Origins.  My kids played have played it for the last 7 weeks; however, about a week ago The Sims 4 quit working.  

The Mac mini is completly up to date.  Origins and The Sims 4 was completly up to date.  I tried repairing The Sims 4, but the game still would not start.  I tried having my screen in different resoluations to see if the game would start at 720, 1040, etc., but that did not work.  I then tried signing out of origins (as some posts stated), restarting the computer, and then re-signing into origins; however, that did not work.  I tried buying an diffrent add-on to see if the installation would do anything, but that did not work.  I then deleted The Sims 4 files and reinstalled the base game (like other posts suggested), but that did not work.  

I'm at a loss of what to do.  Any suggestions???

Message 70 of 216 (2,659 Views)