Re: My Sims 3 Game is constantly crashing and glitching on my mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game is constantly crashing and glitching on my mac

★★★ Newbie

My sims 3 game is always crashing i can normally only get 20 minutes to play sometimes less before it crashes! It does things like turn my sims completely black or sometimes completely white, or sometimes my sims 3 cursor turns into the regular cursor and i can’t click on anything. It’s extremely irritating losing all of my data and it’s just plain annoying having to restart the game 15 times! Please help ASAP!

Message 1 of 3 (362 Views)
Highlighted

@sophia42005  Sims 3 doesn't run particularly well in mac OS, unfortunately.  There are some steps you can take to lower the demands of the game as much as possible, depending on your specs.

If you could copy the first part of your deviceconfig (inside your TS3 game folder, in Documents\EA) into a post here, I could give you a better idea of what to do.  I only need to see the first 40 or so lines, until the list of game options starts.  The deviceconfig lists your user and computer names about 25 lines down, but you can just delete those; there's no other identifying information in the file.

Please also list the packs you have installed.  Some are more demanding than others.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)

@sophia42005  I've moved your post to the Sims/Mac section.  Please let me know if you still need help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)