My Saved Games are in my game file but aren't showing up in Loads.

by IchIchiNaru97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Saved Games are in my game file but aren't showing up in Loads.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how to answer this question.
What happens when the bug occurs? My save games will not show up.
What do you expect to see? I try to load my game and my saves will not show up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure which patch but I just updated about an hour ago.

I haven't played sims for about a month, I just opened origin an hour ago and it said it needed to update so I updated the game. After everything is done, I click the sims 4 icon and the game loads as usual. When I get to the main screen, there is no load game button. I exit the game and start over and nothing changes. I exit the game again and then look in my saves and screenshots folder and everything is there like it was a month ago. I search online for different ways to get the load button to show and I finally found a solution by starting a new game and playing for a bit, however, I still do not have my own saves show up. I even tried moving out the autosave file and reload the game but nothing changes. My saves are in the sims 4 folder so I do not understand what is wrong. I do not have onedrive and my icloud drive is off so my documents are not backed-up there. I've shut down my computer and started the game over and still, the only game to load is the game that I started just to get the load button to show. What is going on? Someone please help before I go insane.

Message 1 of 23 (2,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Saved Games are in my game file but aren't showing up in Loads.

@IchIchiNaru97

Perfect! The problem is this one:

Saves under favorites 

Where: Macintosh HD/Users/IchIchiNaru/Desktop/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

The Documents folder with your original saves is on your Desktop. You must have moved the whole Documents folder to the Desktop at some point. Move that Sims 4 folder back into:

Macintosh HD > Users > IchIchiNaru > Documents > Electronic Arts

And your saves will load Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 21 of 23 (3,439 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @IchIchiNaru97

moving this to the mac forum for better help.

Did you check if you have a Sims folder in your icloud folder ? Maybe the game is just using that.

If so, either turn of iCloud or move the local files to the iCloud folder 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (2,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict I did check, my icloud is turned off so there are no files being backed up at all on my computer. This may sound dumb but how do I get to the mac forum? And thanks.

Message 3 of 23 (2,151 Views)

Re: Sims 4 restarted game with no saved games

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I am having this same issue except I have no scratch folder. My saves are there, my screenshots are there, I just updated today after not playing for a month and none of my loads are showing up. Not even the load game button. I've tried practically everything except uninstalling my game. What do I need to do to get my game to work correctly?

Message 4 of 23 (2,135 Views)

@IchIchiNaru97

Can you please share a screenshot showing the file path of your Sims 4 folder where the saves are you can't load?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 23 (2,120 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Even though my icloud is on the sidebar, I assure you it is turned off.

Message 6 of 23 (2,113 Views)

@IchIchiNaru97

They're in the right location, thanks. What's in those lastException text files? When are they dated? Since you've been having this issue? Upload them if you like and I'll take a look.

Have you tried repairing your game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 23 (2,105 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora 

lastException_63657674261.txt created March 24th/modified March 25th

lastException_63657849584.txt created March 25th

lastException_63657932019.txt created March 27th

lastException_63658537530.txt created April 3rd (uploaded this one)

I've been having this issue since yesterday. Before then I hadn't opened my game since April 3rd. None of these problems ever occurred before April 30th though. And yea, I repaired the game yesterday. Nothing changed.

Message 8 of 23 (2,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

here are the file pictures, for some reason the file itself will not upload...

Message 9 of 23 (2,097 Views)

@IchIchiNaru97

Ok, so nothing related to this by the look of it.

Have you tried moving out your whole Sims 4 folder to your desktop, launching the game so a new one is created then moving back just your old saves into the new saves folder? You could also try the super repair:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 23 (2,092 Views)