Re: My Saved Games are in my game file but aren't showing up in Loads.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@IchIchiNaru97

Perfect! The problem is this one:

Saves under favorites 

Where: Macintosh HD/Users/IchIchiNaru/Desktop/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

The Documents folder with your original saves is on your Desktop. You must have moved the whole Documents folder to the Desktop at some point. Move that Sims 4 folder back into:

Macintosh HD > Users > IchIchiNaru > Documents > Electronic Arts

And your saves will load Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 23 (3,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Yes I figured out what I did wrong. Your solution is correct but the documents folder was not on my desktop when the problem occurred on Sunday. I'm sure it wasn't because I hate having folders in the way of my background and I remember only seeing 2 screenshots on my desktop. The reason why it says Desktop is because I just moved it there yesterday when I deleted Sims 4 off of my Mac to try and start over.

I believe the problem with my Saves started sometime in April when I created a second Documents folder. All my files on my Mac were in my icloud and I was trying to free up space so I created a new Documents folder in google drive and moved all of my files there because I was afraid I would lose all of my data when I turned icloud off. I also somehow lost my Home folder because I forgot that folder even existed. So after turning off icloud, I moved the new Documents folder to my favorites and when I tried to play Sunday, the loads weren't showing because that new Documents folder was not connected to my Home folder. So to sum it up, I moved my Home folder from favorites a long time ago and forgot about it so when I deleted my Documents folder from Favorites, I lost that path and thought if I created a new Documents folder, everything would be ok...but it wasn't because it was just a random folder with no attachment to my Home folder. Thus, I had 2 different Document folders and therefore 2 different save folders....does this make any sense? 

I've since moved my saves to the Documents folder within my Home folder so now my game is working just fine. I've also moved my Home folder back to my favs so I don't ever forget about it. Thank you for your help and sorry I confused you. I wish I had realized this earlier and saved you the trouble. I really appreciate your help!

Message 22 of 23 (1,407 Views)

@IchIchiNaru97

Phew, I had to re-read that a couple of times to get my head round it! If you want to move stuff around your Mac the best place to start from is Macintosh HD > Users > your home folder. This is where everything is stored for your user account, think of it like a container of sorts. Everything under your Favourites in the Finder sidebar is just shortcuts, you can add pretty much anything to it (I used to have my Sims 3 screenshots folder there for quick access).

Anyway, you're playing again now which is the most important thing - enjoy!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 23 of 23 (1,385 Views)