Re: My Saved Games are in my game file but aren't showing up in Loads.

by IchIchiNaru97

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I moved the sims 4 folder out to my desktop, started a game, played for a minute or two, saved and exited, but no new file appeared in the Electronic arts folder...its empty. Ill try the other option.

Message 11 of 23 (824 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora ok so I tried the super repair and the other option you told me about, and now I am getting this notification and I can't open the game.

Message 12 of 23 (817 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora ok so the message was because the game did not finish downloading but it has now, I opened Sims 4 again and still my saves aren't showing up. 

Message 13 of 23 (807 Views)

@IchIchiNaru97

Urgh. It must be saving the games somewhere. Unfortunately it's not possible to search for a save because the Electronic Arts folder is not included in Spotlight searches.

Could you set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can start a new game and successfully save it?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 23 (775 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @IchIchiNaru97,

@Bluebellflora's suggestion of trying with a new user account is worth a try, thanks for all the help Bluebell!

If that doesn't work, could you check if any of the files in the folder has the same modified time than the save that was showing up in the game. And, in case you find it in that folder, would you mind sharing with us one of your save games so we can see if it shows up for us?

You can share it using a file sharing website like Google Drive. If you don't want to share it publicly, feel free to send me a direct message with the link to the file.

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 15 of 23 (770 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai No file in the folder has the same modified time as a save in my game which is the weird part. I started a new game Monday but still, the latest date in my folder is April 13th....I uploaded a picture on a previous post and it looks the same as that one but I can upload another if you want.

@Bluebellflora I tried another user account and it worked! I started a game, played it a little and after exiting there were only 4 files in the saves so I copied my last gameplay from April 13th and the game loaded. I didn't play it though...does this mean that I have to play on another user account? Or do I just change my account to the new one and make that the Admin?

Message 16 of 23 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai I was searching around on my computer deleting files and I came across a second Documents folder somehow...I'm not really sure how I found it. The first screenshot is of the Document folder I randomly found and when I went to the folder EA>Sims4>Saves, it shows the new game I started Monday. It's odd because it says Documents but when I close it and go to Finder>Documents>EA>Sims4>saves I see my old saves. Not sure if this makes any sense... 

Message 17 of 23 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]

@IchIchiNaru97

Thanks, those screenshots are SUPER helpful Standard smile

The Documents folder should be the same. Let me explain a little clearer.....

The Documents folder under Favourites in your Finder sidebar is a shortcut to the Documents folder found within your Home folder (the one with the little picture of a house). The file paths are looking correct so the Sims 4 folder should have the exact same information in it. We can check this though - Please click once on the Saves folder in one of your Sims 4 folders then hold down CMD and press i. In the info window that pops up can you please copy everything after Where: so we can see the exact file path and paste it here? Please do this for each saves folder.

Have you tried copying over your old saves into the new account you created which worked and play them there?  Yes you have Standard smile If we can't fix this file path issue then you might need to play in the second account.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 18 of 23 (727 Views)

EA app Team
Great explanation, @Bluebellflora! Thanks for the info, @IchIchiNaru97! Standard smile It would be very helpful if you shared the paths as Bluebellflora asked, good news that you have found the mystery folder!

-Mai
Message 19 of 23 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora

Saves under favorites 

Where: Macintosh HD/Users/IchIchiNaru/Desktop/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

Saves within Home folder

Where: Macintosh HD/Users/IchIchiNaru/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

You probably don't need this but I uploaded a picture of each file as well. Also, is the Home folder supposed to be under favorites when you create an account? If so I think maybe I moved the Home Folder from my favorites a while ago...not sure how or why but I moved it back under favorites so I don't forget about it again.

Message 20 of 23 (718 Views)