Mods wont work? Have tried everything I can think of

by muppetpoodle

Original Post

Mods wont work? Have tried everything I can think of

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? no expansions or game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure if the is a bug? sorry first time posting
What happens when the bug occurs? no mods working at all
What do you expect to see? upon startup I should see a box with all my mods that are installed, I don't even though in game options I have mods enabled. Mods are in the correct folder and have worked before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I installed a couple mods ( in the Mods folder in Electronic Games) correct folder,unzipped and everything, they worked so I installed a few more. When I jumped back into the game, they weren't showing up so I restarted origin. Once i got back in, the character I made with working mods was suddenly naked and I received a message saying that the game found things that i "don't own" so they had been taken out of my game something like that- I should've screenshot it but i assumed it was just an error. Now whenever I start the game no mods work, and upon startup at the menu the box with my mods installed currently doesnt show up.  I've tried restarting, deleting all mods, putting them in one at a time, only putting in ones that I know have worked,checking and unchecking the "enable mods" box in game options.  In my mods folder it says I have some mods in there, but, my game says I have no mods installed? photos will be attached

Also, got the game when it was free to download so game is legit

Message 1 of 6 (616 Views)

Re: Mods wont work? Have tried everything I can think of

Hero

Hi @muppetpoodle 

moved your post to the mac forum for help with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (606 Views)

@muppetpoodle

Please could you click on your Mods folder once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of your Mods folder here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 6 (586 Views)

★ Novice

hi, heres what i copied and pasted from the where info for the folder

/Users/gcracraft12/Documents/Electronic Arts

Message 4 of 6 (579 Views)

@muppetpoodle

Where is the Users folder? There should be a drive location stated before /Users

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (541 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

It's Macintosh HD

Message 6 of 6 (520 Views)