Re: MacBook air an unknown error has occurred sims 3

by openhinatagal673

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MacBook air an unknown error has occurred sims 3

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello I noticed that you all are very helpful and I was wondering if anyone could help me with my issue. I have gone to 6 different EA advisors and all of them kept telling me to uninstall origin as well as sims 3 which I did along with all the sims 3 files then reinstall the game. I have done this multiple times and it hasn't solved anything, I am constantly getting the pop up "Sims 3 Unresolved Error." I have searched every forum for a solution and could not find any. I used to use CC no mods and I have the expansions University Life, Island Paradise, Supernatural, Seasons, Into the Future, Supernatural, Late Night, High end Loft Stuff,and Pets.

My software is: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) Processor:  1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

I downloaded the game off origin a few years ago, I have removed all the sims files, tried a clean uninstall, reset origin, removed cache, removed CC, essentially everything I had read from forums.

Message 1 of 10 (1,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

I found my issue when I go into the finder go to the sims 3 finder late night is not present however when double click the sims 3 go to resources then add ons it is there

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,673 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @openhinatagal673,

Our hero Bluebellflora made a post with some information about this issue. Please, take a look to her post as this could be your issue. If it is the same, you can follow her suggestions to try to solve it.

Good luck!

Mai

Message 2 of 10 (1,464 Views)

★ Apprentice

I saw that thread earlier along with how to manually uninstall, reset origin, clean uninstall, and get the super patch nothing is working

Message 3 of 10 (1,461 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found my issue when I go into the finder go to the sims 3 finder late night is not present however when double click the sims 3 go to resources then add ons it is there

Message 4 of 10 (1,674 Views)

EA app Team

Great @openhinatagal673! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for coming back and telling us how you fixed it, it may help other player in your same situation Wink

-Mai

Message 5 of 10 (1,412 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your answer - it helped me to solve my problem!

Message 6 of 10 (1,393 Views)

★ Apprentice
So glad I can help!
Message 7 of 10 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue but don't understand how you fixed it?

Message 8 of 10 (1,339 Views)

★ Apprentice

There are quite a few ways the one I currently used was just reinstall everything except for Late Night that's how I got it to stop the unknown error. I know it sucks because you've paid for the game and ea won't give a refund but that is the only current solution there is.

Message 9 of 10 (1,333 Views)

@openhinatagal673

If followed correctly the Unknown Error fix that @EA_Mai linked to is a 100% fix for that particular issue. However, the other problem you are encountering is that your Mac's Intel HD 6000 graphics are not supported in the game. Perhaps editing the .sgr files as per this stickied thread may help - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 10 (1,319 Views)