Mac won't install new update for origin and won't let me go online.

by jadyndl

Original Post

Mac won't install new update for origin and won't let me go online.

★ Novice

When I try to go online it says I need to restart and then it gets to like 10% and it crashes and goes to log in page and says Online is not available. I uninstalled origin and redownloaded it and now it won't let me install still and it won't even let me log in because I need to be online to log in for the first time. Help?!

Message 1 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: Mac won't install new update for origin and won't let me go online.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is the only Origin response I could find:

Spoiler
For all you first time Origin users,

We have seen users being placed into offline mode be due to security software hampering some Origin Processes. I have some questions for those affected:

-What security suite(s) are you currently running?
-Have you added Origin to a list of programs approved (or given exceptions by) by your security software?
-Some types of security software have a game mode. If available, are you running Origin with this mode activated?

Origin.exe, EACoreServer.exe, and probably OriginClientService.exe should be added to your list of security exceptions.

You could also try deleting your offline cache:

1. Exit Origin completely. Right click system tray icon > Exit.
2. Navigate to the OfflineCache file. Here's the path:

Win 7/Vista.
C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache{ your email address }

Win XP.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\Origin\DownloadCache{ your email address }

3. Delete the OfflineCache file.
4. Run Origin and login.

Can you log in now?

If not, bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC). Click the Processes tab and sort by Image Name and make sure we can see the entire name of the .exe. Please post your processes here.

What can complicate matters is that even if you end certain security processes, some are designed to restart automatically. If you suspect that this may be the case you may want to contact the manufacturer(s) of your security software to learn how to temporarily disable or allow exceptions.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Origin Live Ops

Seems a lot of people have this issue so not sure why there isn't a good solution yet.

Message 2 of 3 (234 Views)

Re: Mac won't install new update for origin and won't let me go online.

@jadyndl

Delete Origin completely and try again. If you're using a VPN disable it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)