Re: Mac - Initialization error at startup [135dec40:a69d8f94:00000000]

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mac - Initialization error at startup [135dec40:a69d8f94:00000000]

★★★ Novice

I turned on Sims 4 today after it updated. It carried through with the beginning loading screen until it went black and an error message popped up "Unable to start. Initialization error at startup [135dec40:a69d8f94:00000000]" I've tried numerous things in hopes to get it to work again. For example, *British Accent* "I turned it off and on again", I deleted and reinstalled Origin, I did everything I could think of other than reinstalling Sims 4. I'm guessing this is a new problem because I couldn't find anything online to help me, and it was just today that it updated. I have a Mac. (Go Mac!) If anyone else has been having this issue, or if anyone has suggestions or the solution, please help! I can't be expected to take care of my own human needs without first caring for my sims.. haha! Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 32 (19,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't play my game

EA Sims Team

Hello @pperplex @firedanger21 @Bluebellflora @EA_Mai @mimifacee @solitary987 @wunderbetch @clevercrumb @SwitchFace808

We just released a small game update for Mac users that should resolve this.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 32 (24,376 Views)

All Replies

The sims 4 start up error

★★★ Newbie

I keep trying to start The Sims 4 and the screen goes black after the sims logo screen immediately after I start my game, from there the screen goes black, freezes for a brief period, then an error notification pops up with a code telling me it cant start my game... it rainbow wheels out then exits me back to the main Origin main page... this is the notification it shows me below.

Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:a69d8f94:00000069:00000000]

Message 1 of 32 (19,747 Views)

Re: The sims 4 start up error

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hey @SwitchFace808

Are you playing on Mac?

Try pressing any key to bypass the intro videos that appear when you open the game, this should allow you to load the game without the issue. Wink

Message 2 of 32 (19,715 Views)

★ Novice

Have you found a solution for this?

Message 4 of 32 (19,680 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @clevercrumb

We're looking into this issue.  In the meantime, please try the workaround that EA_Mai suggested above.  If that doesn't work for you, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 32 (19,665 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same exact issue. After pulling out all mods, uninstalling both TS4 and Origin and reinstalling it, I found this thread. I tried as was suggested - pressed a random key on my keyboard to bypass the intro, and it worked!! I'd be interested in finding out/being updated on the issue, though! 

Thanks, y'all! 

Message 6 of 32 (19,645 Views)

Re: Mac - Initialization error at startup [135dec40:a69d8f94:00000000]

EA app Team

Hey @firedanger21

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Luckily there's a little workaround that will likely help with it Wink

Try pressing any key to bypass the intro videos that appear when you open the game, this should allow you to load the game without the issue.

Good luck, and please let me know how it goes Standard smile

Mai

Message 7 of 32 (19,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

i think i found a way around this. i got the same error when i launch sims with origin already launched. when i quit both of them and then just launch sims 4 and it auto launches origin then it seems to work.

Nevermind. It seems to help but it is still crashing half the time. 

Message 8 of 32 (19,618 Views)

sims 4 Initialization error at start up, game not starting after 10/27 update

★★★★★ Newbie

So me and my brother both updated sims 4 at different times we had just downloaded mods the night before and he started the game at first and it worked but, it wouldn't let him enable his script mods so our first instinct was that the update somehow cleared the mods so he removed the mods, repaired the game and then he started the game and it said:

"Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:a69d8f94:00000069:00000000]"

so he figured it wasn't working and he probably had to install and reinstall the whole game so as he was, his hotspot is almost running out and we have no wifi at the moment, so he isn't able to redownload the whole game right now.  well I figured since I also have mods I shouldn't update but it would not let me play unless I did, so I updated it using all of my own hotspot, and it worked at first mods and all but I could not save the game and gave me an error code. so I repaired it and it gave me the same "Initialization error at start up" as when my brother updated it and I decided to restart my macbook but it still is giving me the same error. I have no clue what to do and I saw that everyone is having these same issues, all I wanna know is how to fix it, any suggestions???

Message 9 of 32 (19,619 Views)

Re: sims 4 Initialization error at start up, game not starting after 10/27 updat

EA app Team

Hi @mimifacee

I merged your thread here because it's the same issue. Please, check my post above yours for a workaround for this problem. Don't worry, no need to reinstall Wink

Message 10 of 32 (19,585 Views)