Mac/Apple Keyboard HotKeys

by lamebabe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mac/Apple Keyboard HotKeys

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi friends!

I’m currently playing Sims on a Mac, but only have the small wireless keyboard (without the number pad..)

Does anyone know if there’s any mod for customizing hotkeys? It’s kind of a pain when you don’t have page up/down keys to switch between floors 😩
I have zero knowledge when it comes to mods, and I don’t even know if that’s something that mods can do ?? idk, but it would make such a difference when building

(Hopefully this is the right place to post this! if not, sorry!)

Message 1 of 4 (633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mac/Apple Keyboard HotKeys

Champion

@lamebabe , this is something you can do directly from System Preferences within your Mac OS. You can change the short cuts as you need. 

Find your System Preferences and choose the "Keyboard" option. Then choose "Short Cuts". It will either allow you to change your short cuts or tell you what the key combination is for Page UP/Down. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (616 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@lamebabe , this is something you can do directly from System Preferences within your Mac OS. You can change the short cuts as you need. 

Find your System Preferences and choose the "Keyboard" option. Then choose "Short Cuts". It will either allow you to change your short cuts or tell you what the key combination is for Page UP/Down. 

Please keep us updated.

Message 2 of 4 (617 Views)

★ Guide
Thanks @Tremayne4260 !!

I can’t believe I never thought to check that!
Turns out the Apple support site has a full list of commands/shortcuts for the smaller keyboards; I didn’t have to change anything in system preferences (:

For anyone wondering:
Page up - fn+up arrow
Page down - fn+down arrow
Wall view - fn+left/right arrow

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 4 (553 Views)

Champion

@lamebabe , you are most welcome! Happy Simming! Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (541 Views)