[MAC] The Sims 4 Graphic Glitch with Menu

by JGyorki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] The Sims 4 Graphic Glitch with Menu

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having a really weird glitch/issue with the menu sometimes while playing The Sims 4 on my Mac. It's like the buttons are almost inverted... and the little pop-ups in the right corner of the screen are unreadable. Anyone else having this issue? Here is a screenshot... 

Untitled.png

Message 1 of 12 (7,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] The Sims 4 Graphic Glitch with Menu

Hi @JGyorki ,

Have you activated any type of Anti-Aliasing (Edge Smoothing) in the graphics options? I was able to reproduce the issue, and it happens to me when activating Anti-Aliasing. Deactivating Anti-Aliasing solved the issue for me, so please try and tell us if it works Confusedmileyhappy:

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (8,581 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Sims 4 - Mac Version - Graphic Glitch with Menu

@JGyorki

That's a bit annoying. 

- What Mac do you have? Apple icon > About This Mac then please copy the info here regarding model, processor, graphics, RAM and operating system.

- Have you tried repairing the game? Right click on the game in your game library in Origin and select Repair Game.

Does it still happen when you move your Sims 4 folder - Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 - onto your desktop and let the game regenerate a new one?

- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway, shape or form. I'm just a long time Mac user who's been Simming since the beginning -

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 12 (7,563 Views)

Hi @JGyorki ,

Have you activated any type of Anti-Aliasing (Edge Smoothing) in the graphics options? I was able to reproduce the issue, and it happens to me when activating Anti-Aliasing. Deactivating Anti-Aliasing solved the issue for me, so please try and tell us if it works Confusedmileyhappy:

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 3 of 12 (8,582 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Mac Version - Graphic Glitch with Menu

★★ Novice

Hi there! Thank you for your response. Here are my responses to your questions Standard smile

-MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor:  2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

-I have tried repairing the game, and the issue still seems to every so often. 

-I have not tried moving my Sims 4 Folder onto my Desktop, allowing it to regenerate a new one, yet. I will give this a try!

Message 4 of 12 (7,515 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been playing around with my Anti-Aliasing/Edge Smoothing settings lately! I will keep an eye on it with me messing with those settings! I haven't reproduced the issue yet. It still seems to be hit or miss for me, when I'm in the game with this issue either happening or not happening. I'll keep an eye on my settings!

Message 5 of 12 (7,513 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem since upgrading to a new computer. Game repaired several times, regenerated Sims 4 folder, mods removed. Turning off Edge Smoothing helped (thank you for that suggestion!), but it's not a fix, is it?

My specs: MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch , Mid 2015

El Captain 10.11.1

GPUs: AMD Radeon R9 M370X and Intel Iris Pro 

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Processor:  2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Message 6 of 12 (7,404 Views)

★★ Novice

I still continue to have the same issue.  I usually do one of two things:

1) Restart my computer entirely. Then re-launch TS4. This seems to help resolve the issue, until it happens again.

2) Alternate my Edge Smoothing options. If the game launches, and the menus look weird, I'll active or de-activate Edge Smoothing (Off to Low, or Low to Off) then restart the game. 

Both are just temporary workarounds. It seems like not enough people have this issue for it to be addressed in a patch. :-/ 

Message 7 of 12 (7,393 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For me restart doesn't work, only turning Anti-Aliasing off does.

On my old computer I had no graphic glitches at all (MBP, 15, mid 2012, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M). The defaults were High settings and windowed mode with a resolution higher than any of those I have available now – 2732x1580, now the max is 2560x1484. The defaults now are Medium and fullscreen mode with a low resolution (the clickable things are not clickable – I have to aim my cursor way higher). It's very annoying, as the graphic settings don't stick – each time I want to change something I have to restore the default settings first. Plus I have the "visible rugs outside of the buildings" glitch I mentioned in another thread, and I've been _trying to_ play for only three days now, so who knows what else I'll find. So TS4-wise my upgrade was a total downgrade.

Message 8 of 12 (7,384 Views)

@JGyorki @lolatort

Playing in windowed mode also helps.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 12 (7,375 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play only in windowed mode (TS3 habit), so it doesn't seem to help in my case.  Only switching Anti-Aliasing off does.

Message 10 of 12 (7,366 Views)