Re: [MAC] Sims 4 is making my computer shut down

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 4 is making my computer shut down

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have an Imac Retina 5k, 27 inch, with a 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 procesor, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ram and AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB graphics card. When running the Sims 4, I can manage about three minutes of gameplay before my computer screen goes black, to what I guess is sleep mode, The temperature of my computer never exceeds 55 degrees celsius, and CPU usage is not over 50%. I put down the graphics to medium, even though my computer should easily be able to handle it on ultra, and turned on Vsync, but still the same thing happens. I'll be playing for a couple of seconds, and then it shuts down. After that, if I even leave it on in the background while checking the internet for answers, my computer again goes to the black screen, something akin to sleep mode. If I continue trying to wake my computer up and play, then the computer actually shuts all the way off and I need to start it up again. I've tried playing with origin itself force quitted from the background, but sill no luck. I don't know what this is but it's really infuriating

Message 1 of 3 (1,446 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello there!

I wasn't able to find a topic thread with your exact issue, but I suggest heading on over to The Sims 4 on Mac Discussions forums page. Good places to start are the New to The Sims 4 on Mac? Look no further! and also - The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread - topics. It's a lot of reading, but hopefully it helps!

Message 2 of 3 (1,408 Views)

@jacksonwwhite

Can you try a SMC reset on your Mac? Follow Apple's instructions here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201295

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (1,396 Views)