Re: [MAC] Sims 3 - Game stuck on blue screen with plumbob

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 - Game stuck on blue screen with plumbob

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've had the exact same problem, i downloaded the sims last night waited a day for it load and now when i go to launch the game it comes up on the blue screen and stays on that I've been in touch with ea but they told me they had refreshed it for me and there should be no problems! but I'm still waiting with the blue screen I'm on a mac book air 13 inch early 2015

@Claudiappoh wrote:

This is probably the eighth attempt in installing sims 3 base game on my new macbook. I've attempted both cd and origins and i am still unable to proceed unto gameplay. I keep getting stuck on the very first screen with a blue background and the plumbob right in the middle. It stays stuck as i am able to use other applications like safari. I haven been unable to uninstall the game properly as the application hangs midway, so for the past few attempts i've manually deleted the files. I've manually uninstalled origin as well. can someone please help?

Message 1 of 5 (608 Views)

@miajanex  I split your comment into its own thread because the other thread was several years old, and the issue has changed a bit since then.

Are you launching TS3 through Origin?  If so, Origin in-game may be the problem here.  You can disable it, but it would be better to not open Origin at all.  You can launch TS3 directly through its icon in Applications.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have tried that many times it tells me that the sims game has quit unexpectedly and yes it is ts3

Message 3 of 5 (591 Views)

@miajanex  Are you running anything else alongside the game?  It might help to try launching it right after a restart.  Please also let me know if you have any third-party apps like Mackeeper running, or an antivirus/firewall.

I'd also like to see what TS3 makes of your hardware.  Inside your game folder in Documents, there's a file called deviceconfig.  Please copy the first 40 or so lines into a post here; you can stop when you hit the list of game options.  Your user and computer names are about 25 lines down, so delete those if you don't want to share, but there's no other identifying info in the file.

Message 4 of 5 (585 Views)

@miajanex  I've moved your post to the Sims/Mac section.  Please let me know if you need any more help.

Message 5 of 5 (500 Views)