Re: Losing all my households

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Losing all my households

★ Novice

So I logged onto my sims 4 games today and I was going to play with one of my households I’ve been growing for over a year and not only was it gone but all of my other ones too! I don’t know how to get them back and I’m so sad

Message 1 of 4 (388 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

HI @DanielaBalas 

are you using oneDrive ? That's the most common cause for your issue. The game doesn't use the local folder anymore but oneDrive.

Make sure your save games are still in your local folder and check if you also have a folder in oneDrive. If so, just copy the local ones to one Drive or turn one drive off

Here's a few other tips on the issue: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @DanielaBalas 

are you using oneDrive ? That's the most common cause for your issue. The game doesn't use the local folder anymore but oneDrive.

Make sure your save games are still in your local folder and check if you also have a folder in oneDrive. If so, just copy the local ones to one Drive or turn one drive off

Here's a few other tips on the issue: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

★ Novice

I use a Mac and my saves were in my cloud but not my folder but I was able to get everything back thanks to you!!! 

Message 3 of 4 (344 Views)

Hero
@DanielaBalas Glad you found them

Moved your post to the mac forum :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (333 Views)