Ive lost the game codes of the sim3[Mac]

by Somsak2012

Original Post

Expansion pack will not let me play Sims 3[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got the Sims 3 University expansion pack for christmas. I already have Sims 3 installed and I installed the expansion pack. Everytime I put the expansion pack CD in I will get all the way past the Sims theme song and then a No Disk Sign will pop up, and it tells me I need to insert the *... but the disk is already in. Does anyone know how to fix it so I can play my game? Also I have Mac if that makes a difference. 

@pairreta I have moved your thread to the stickied Mac thread on this forum specifically related to disc error issues on Macs. Please read the opening post for further information - BluebellFlora.

Message 61 of 248 (5,046 Views)

whenever i play the sim3 it always pops up" no game disc found please "

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I use a real disc and it has happened since i updated the new mac software 

@Somsak2012 moved your post to the stickied Mac thread specifically related to disc error issues. Please read the opening post - BluebellFlora

Message 62 of 248 (5,040 Views)

Ive lost the game codes of the sim3[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Im using mac os, i completely lost all the codes of my games ( the sim ) but have only discs. Now im having a problem with it as it keeps saying no game disc found please insert.... i did insert the right disc but the same problem still remain.. Anyone have any suggestion ?

@Bluebellflora please and thank you in advance

Message 63 of 248 (863 Views)

Re: Ive lost the game codes of the sim3

★ Apprentice

Did you register your sims games to a Sims account? http://www.thesims3.com/. If you did not, you will  need the codes to be able to download the games again. 

Message 64 of 248 (852 Views)

Re: Ive lost the game codes of the sim3[Mac]

@Somsak2012

Please read the stickied disc error thread here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518

You will need you serial codes though. If the game is still installed on your Mac please read this guide on retrieving the codes through Terminal. Or follow @Skier0892 advice on retrieving them if you previously registered them on the game site.

I'm locking this thread but feel free to post in the stickied thread mentioned above Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 65 of 248 (854 Views)

Sims 3 won't open on my macbook air

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The Sims 3 won't open on my MacBook Air. I've  inserted the disk using USB superdrive. When the game reaches the choose a town screen it says the disk is not inserted. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help!

@frankesca1375 moved your post to the stickied Mac thread specifically related to disc error issues. Please read the opening post - BluebellFlora

Message 66 of 248 (5,036 Views)

Sims 3 won't load/ missing disc no disc found

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After christmas I updated my computer (mac) from yosmite to El Capitan - at the same time I also installed the Sims 3 world adventures/ambitions/generations. Two days Prior to upgrade I had installed sims 3 supernatural and played it successfully . I already had installed the sims 3 pets, seasons, and late night. 

I have never had an issue installing games out of order. 

Now when I put my seasons disc in it loads launch window- it loads the game preface but when it reaches the family choose screen it says no disk found - I hit retry nothing so I have to cancel. 

I really am hoping there is a fix for this...I refuse to uninstall because I do not have the game codes for all these discs or even know where the discs are. 

Thinking of buying a later game like university and seeing if that helps.

Thoughts please!!!

@cjseym I have moved your post to the stickied thread specifically related to disc error issues on Macs. Please read the opening post for instructions - BluebellFlora.

Message 67 of 248 (5,039 Views)

My Sims 3 isn't reading the disc once i'm in the game. Why?[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I recently got a new 13" Macbook Pro with Retina and my previous computer was a PC (Lenovo). When I bought my Sims games, I bought them on disks so when I installed them to my old PC they didn't go to my Origin. I uninstalled all of the games on there and I re-installed them onto my Macbook Pro. When I started to install the expansion packs on to my Macbook, I had no issue except it wouldn't let me continue after putting in the game code. I researched it and it said to just restart my computer. After doing so, it was smooth sailing. Since my Macbook is a 13" it doesn't come with an internal disc drive so I had to buy Apple's USB Superdrive. When I go to start playing Sims 3 the game launcher doesn't give me the pop up notification that there is no disc. So I continue to go into the game and then once I reach the point when you have the choice of creating a new world or playing with one that you already started, I get a notification that says "Please insert Sims 3 University Life's game disc" (the notification comes up with any expansion pack.) I don't understand why this is happening. Please help.

@Dancer4me17 I have moved your post to the stickied Mac disc error thread. Please read the opening post for further information - BluebellFlora

Message 68 of 248 (5,045 Views)

My Sims 3 game on my mac says theres no disc?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I’ve been playing my Sims 3 game on my mac for years now. I recently got an expansion pack called Into the Future. After I installed it and the game loaded it brought me to the screen where you’re supposed to start a new game like normally, but then I got a message saying: No game disc found. Please insert The Sims 3 Future game disc before proceeding. I tried everything I could. I reinstalled the game 3 times, I downloaded new expansion packs, I cleaned the CD even though its new, I checked to see if my Apple superdrive had any damage (it didn’t), I tried downloading from Origin but it says the code was already used, but I’ve never used it before. I’ve never downloaded custom content or mods, if that matters. Also my Mac is OX X EI Capitan, so its fully updated. Please help me! I’m desperate to play again!

@Bluebellflora please and thank you in advance

Message 69 of 248 (4,859 Views)

DISC AUTHENTICATION FAILURE[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Running a Macbook Pro with the newest update of OS X (El Capitan)

35-minute phone call with EA support and they gave me a superpatcher.

I downloaded the superpatcher and that was fine, yet I am still getting the "disc authentication failure, please insert disc" popup, which then closes my game.

HELP!!

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 70 of 248 (4,834 Views)