Sims 3 issue downloading store worlds

by Gabbiiiie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 issue downloading store worlds

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, i'm trying to install store content that I had a bought awhile ago and only single objects or clothing will download. No worlds or sets will properly install and then it says 'there was a downloading error'.

How can I fix this? This is really annoying. 

Message 1 of 37 (4,148 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Worlds Not Installing

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We have been working on this, could you please give it another try and let us know if you are able to download these items now?

Thanks! Standard smile
-Mai

View in thread

Message 27 of 37 (4,647 Views)

All Replies

Re: Issue Downloading Store Content

Hero (Retired)

@Gabbiiiie  If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag  thank you

Message 2 of 37 (4,125 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a mac!

Message 3 of 37 (4,116 Views)

@Gabbiiiie

Installing store content is so horribly broken but there are ways to try to get it installed. Please follow the steps here as they are very specific Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 37 (4,088 Views)

Can't install bought World Bundle

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I just bought the World Bundle for the Sims 3 on Origin. It includes Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, and I later figured out I got a 100 SP and a chocolate fountain with it too. So I filled out the codes I got from Origin on the Sims 3 store website, and it said that I had 'the right to download -product x-'. So I went to purchases, and Monte Vista was there, the chocolate fountain too, but Hidden Spring is not. And when I downloaded Monte Vista, it says that it's unable to download? I tried the same thing with Riverview, and it is just unable to download? I don't really understand why, and it's really frustrating as I spend 20 bucks on it. Can someone please help me, because I can't return it Frown

Message 5 of 37 (4,261 Views)

Re: Can't install bought World Bundle

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, quick little update. So after a little while, I discovered that Hidden Spring is there. So that's all good, but I still can't download it. When I try to download it, it pops up in the launcher and then it says 'Unable to download'. So still pretty bummed about that, so please help me out !

Message 6 of 37 (4,256 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mandycarolina  Is your computer a pc or mac? Can you download ANYTHING from your purchase history?  When you click download in the purchase history the game launcher needs to be used as this is not a regular download so the default program to use is sims3launcher.  If your computer is a pc  - open control panel - click default programs - click associate a file type or protocol with a program - .sims3pack should be Sims3Launcher - if not change it to Sims3Launcher.

Message 7 of 37 (4,250 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a Macbook Pro. I can download everything else, except for the Worlds. The World Bundle came with a chocolate fountain thing, and I'm able to download that with no problem. Other objects from the Sims Store and CC are absolutely fine and work. It's just that the Worlds don't work. 

Message 8 of 37 (4,245 Views)

How to download store content to your computer

★★★★★ Novice

So I've been having some issues with the Sims 3 Store that Worlds don't want to download into my launcher and I don't know why. They pop up but after a few second it says 'There was an error Downloading Content.' Now I don't have any other problems with CC or other store stuff, so that's what makes this so weird. I figured if I was able to download the files directly to my laptop, I would be able to make it work, but they're only in the store. I can't get the files to my laptop! Can anyone explain to me how I get the Sims 3 Store content DIRECTLY downloaded to my laptop? So not through the launcher. I'm on a Macbook Pro and I have the latest version of the game installed. Please help me out, because I'm getting really frustrated of not being able to use my buck... 

Message 9 of 37 (4,221 Views)

@mandycarolina

Please follow the steps in this guide for installing store content. Worlds must be installed one at a time and the Launcher already open when you download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 37 (4,211 Views)