Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 not closing properly. Force Quit doesn't work either

by mj3304

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora, Hi it's been a while, I just want to share my experience about how i can solve this problem, I erase my Macintosh HD and re install all the things, and it's all working as normal again, but there're others way too, you can go to library-caches, and erase all things on there, and find saved application state on library, and also delete all things on there, you can restart your mac, and empty the trash :D

Message 11 of 19 (4,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem now i just erased all my caches in my library as well as in the saved application state folder.  I'm still unable to restart my mac due to my sims 4 not being able to force quit (I'm not able to force quit because it says 'application not responding") .  I've already tried repairing sims 4 in origin and it didn't work,

Message 12 of 19 (4,589 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also got the same problem before, but I erase my macintosh HD, and re-install all things on my mac, it's like reset your mac, 

restart your mac with holding command + R keys, click on disk utility and continue,  select your start up disk,  then click erase. once it done, re-install your mac, and the OS will be the first OS when you buy your mac, reinstall all origin and sims 4, then you'll be able to play again, because we got the same problem, i solve mine using that. Standard smile please let me know if you have further question, I'm happy to help

Message 13 of 19 (4,577 Views)

@amazingcupcakes

So what version of OS X are you now running?

For anyone following amazingcupcakes' advice to wipe your Macintosh HD and reinstall the operating system - BACK UP before you do so. Wiping your hard drive deletes all information on it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 19 (4,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this same problem and have had to force shut down my mac 3 times in a row now, even though when I quit the sims (as in the gameplay, the mac says the game is still open in the dock) I can use and close my other applications just fine. Here are my specs:

photo Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.18.49_zps0phrr5cy.png
Message 15 of 19 (4,458 Views)

@Emcentric8

Can you opt into the Origin beta and see if that helps?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 19 (4,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Hi.. I have purchased and downloaded Sims 4 yesterday, and I also have moved some of my CCs into the mods folder. However, some of my CCs did not appear properly (broken) so I tried to take out some of the .package files today while the game is open (I think i shouldn't have done this). After that I went to the closet to change my sim's clothes and when I press check to go out from the closet, the loading page appeared and I cannot do anything. The green crystal(??) is flicking really fast and I could definitely feel that something is wrong... I cannot force quit the game nor shut down my mac. what should I do???..

Currently I have took all of the CCs out from the mods folder. I also took the Electronic Arts folder out from the Documents.

I also checked the user diagnostics reports, but (i think) the things that pop up have nothing to do with Sims 4. I am sooo freaked out...... please help me

Sorry for the korean,, but its the same order even in english so..

Oops one more thing.. I tried to press 'repair game' in origin, but I can't press it.... I see the button but it doesn't allow me to press it. I think its because the game is still played..?

Message 17 of 19 (4,249 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mj3304

Yes, moving CC whilst having the game open wouldn't have been the best thing to do. Can you switch to Finder by holding down CMD and pressing the tab key and cycling through the open apps? If so choose Finder then click on the Apple in the menu bar and select Force Quit.

Once you've managed to quit the game, then quit Origin. Restart your Mac then launch Origin, right click on the game in your games library and select repair game. That should fix it Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 19 (10,096 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG this finally worked!!! Thank you so much!!

Message 19 of 19 (4,227 Views)