[INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 Cats and Dogs always shows 'Download' in Origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 Cats and Dogs always shows 'Download' in Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry, I found my Sims 4 folder but I'm not sure how to launch it from there. Also, I don't run any mods. 

I was frustrated that I couldn't play my game at all so I requested a refund for Cats & Dogs. As of now my Origin shows that I haven't bought Cats & Dogs (although I haven't received my refund yet). So I figured everything would go back to normal... But no. The same thing is happening. I tried to place a house through the community folder but after the "building lot" animation I got the same pop up with error code 122:70c7f9a6:9c7f491f 

So now I don't have Cats & Dogs and I still can't play. Trying to figure out how to share the Origin log files now. Thank you to everyone looking into this! 

Message 21 of 45 (473 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @yokotoby,

Thanks for sharing that error code, that's very useful! Actually, that error doesn't seem to be related to Origin not downloading the game properly. Indeed, some PC players are also reporting it. Please, take a look to this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Error-102-122-Patch-1-36-edition/td-p/64...

-Mai

Message 22 of 45 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]

@yokotoby

You launch it from the Applications folder:

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 22.23.18.png

The error code is listed as a bug in @crinrict's bug thread here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Error-102-122-Patch-1-36-edition/m-p/641...

Edit - @EA_Mai beat me to it Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 23 of 45 (463 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have that icon in my Finder folder. I do have an EA folder under Documents but nothing to run from there. Probably because I don't have a disc? But either way it sounds like I'll just have to wait until there is a fix. Thank you both for your help! 

Message 24 of 45 (458 Views)

@yokotoby

Hmmm, so in your Applications folder there is no Sims 4 app? That would indicate that you don't have it installed on your Mac, not even the base game. The Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder is your user data where Saves, CC/Mods, cache and all user settings are stored. You can move or rename this folder to a different location and the game will generate a new one when it is launched. It's the primary troubleshooting step if the game will not launch.

Even though we have to use Origin to play the game, there should still be a game icon in your Applications folder as that is where all software is installed to by default.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 25 of 45 (454 Views)

★★ Novice
I do see the file labeled The Sims 4 and have a backup on my desktop but when I open that folder I don’t see an icon to open the game. Its always been like this though and I’ve never had a problem playing the game before.

Sorry, I’m still kind of new to Macs :/
Message 26 of 45 (463 Views)

@yokotoby

In the sidebar on the left of that Finder window click on Applications. All your installed apps will show up. You should have a Sims 4 one in there like mine.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 27 of 45 (454 Views)

★ Apprentice

Am I too late for giving you my details? Hope not Standard smile 

What macOS version are you running? macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Are you running any antivirus/firewalls? I'm using Avast Security

Does the game actually play and save ok? Yes

Are you launching it from within Origin or through the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder (can you try both?)? I tried both ways

Have you tried the Origin reset tool? Several times, yes

Actually it's not that bad but I am worried about further updates. Are they going to work and/or install... 

Message 28 of 45 (450 Views)

★★ Novice

What macOS version are you running? macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Are you running any antivirus/firewalls? No

Does the game actually play and save ok? Yes and No. It saves, but I can't adopt any pets and when trying to, it makes my sims forget their kids and what not.

Are you launching it from within Origin or through the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder (can you try both?)? I tried both ways

Have you tried the Origin reset tool? Yes

Message 29 of 45 (423 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @lineafuglsig,

Are you using any Mods or custom content in your game? That sounds like a mod related issue. If you are using any, could you try the game without them?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 30 of 45 (415 Views)