I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

by tinateen122

Original Post

Re: I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

@tinateen122  Are there now two folders labeled Electronic Arts?  Which one has a TS4 folder in it?  And I hope the other one is empty.  If it is, you can trash the empty EA folder and keep the new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 61 of 77 (602 Views)

★★ Apprentice
there are 2 folders labeled electronic arts. one is empty and one has sims 4 and the rest in it. i decided to go back on the game and save it again to see if it created another folder and it didn’t which is good. now what ??
Message 62 of 77 (592 Views)

★★ Apprentice
also the quality of my sims game is so weird it kinda of reminds me of sims 3 for some reason. also the sims move around kind of slow. can i just fix that in settings? not sure why things would change like that though.
Message 63 of 77 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]

@tinateen122  Now you need to get rid of the EA folder that's empty.  So there will be only one Electronic Arts folder within Documents.  And just to check, when you relaunched the game, did the new save that you'd just made appear for you to load?  Did it load properly?  Please make sure.  You don't have to play it again, once you know it's loaded properly.

Message 64 of 77 (581 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Okay I got rid of the EA folder and the game loaded properly.
Message 65 of 77 (575 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Now what do I do next?
Message 66 of 77 (561 Views)

@tinateen122  Including the save?  Good.  You have the basic setup you need.

Now, go into the new TS4 folder that you've been using, and remove the entire saves folder.  Not the one save you just created, but the whole folder.  You can put it in the trash, but you don't have to empty the trash just yet.  Go into your Sims 4 User Data folder on your desktop, into Sims 4 data 1.  Inside, there's your original TS4 folder, right?  And inside are your saves, or at least most of them?  Drag the entire Saves folder (not the individual saves, the whole folder) into the new TS4 folder, the one in Documents.  It should not be in any subfolder within TS4.  So the path that you see when you highlight the saves folder you just moved (remember command-i that Bluebellflora explained) should read:

Macintosh HD>Users>(your name)>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4

If this is what you see, and you can post a screenshot if you'd like, then you're ready to launch the game again.  You should see your old saves listed.  Test one of them to find out whether you can load and play it properly, then post back.

Message 67 of 77 (556 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes, inside the sims 4 data 1 folder is my saves. my mod folder is also in there.
Message 68 of 77 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

:

Here is my saves file when I highlighted it. Looks right to me> Now, do I have to restart my mac again to get my old households?

Message 69 of 77 (540 Views)

★★ Apprentice
OMG IT WORKED IM CRYING OMG
Message 70 of 77 (529 Views)