I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

by tinateen122

Original Post

Re: I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

★★ Apprentice
Okay so I took screenshots and I tried attaching them but it won't come up. Maybe the picture is too big?? I am really sorry and I am sorry for replying so much.
Message 21 of 77 (357 Views)

★★ Apprentice
update- i figured out the command + shift + 4 thing, i realized that i wasn’t dragging the cursor along the image
Message 22 of 77 (355 Views)

@tinateen122

No problem, we want to get you playing again Standard smile

Can you upload them to a file sharing site and post the links here? Although you should be able to upload directly into your post. Can you just copy and paste the file path from the Info window?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 23 of 77 (343 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Electronic Arts TS4 foldermods_saves saves data

I put my saves folder back in my Sims 4 folder for some reason. Can the game still generate if I leave it out or not? I feel like it doesn't make sense to leave it out of the sims 4 folder. Also, I have my testing mods inside the mods folder and the rest are in a different folder on my desktop. Hopefully I am doing something right because I was a little confused on where to put everything when I am testing my cc. I didn't know whether I should leave all my stuff on desktop including my saves folder or keep everything in the sims 4 folder while testing. 

Message 24 of 77 (340 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Oh and sorry that I reply so late it never shows your messages until I refresh. Also I did the highlight, command, i thing and my sims 4 folder looks right and it shows the date I created it. I did it for the others aswell and it showed that they were created yesterday which probably happened when I generated the game and it kept creating folders.
Message 25 of 77 (337 Views)

@tinateen122

Thanks for the pictures but they're not showing me anything. I need to see the actual file path which is why I asked you to highlight the Sims 4 folder and post an image of the Info screen, like the one I posted.

Forget about CC for the moment, we need to get your saves loading first.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 77 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I tried hiding my last name and saving my image to downloads but it didn't work so I gave up. 

Message 27 of 77 (311 Views)

@tinateen122

You can edit the image in Preview, just add a coloured box or similar to your name.

That location is perfect. Can you confirm that in that Sims 4 folder is the saves folder with all your saves in it?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 28 of 77 (304 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes, inside the sims 4 folder, my saves are in there. I also have another folder with some saves in it, but I think it is my sister's because the dates were different and we are actually both having the same problem with our sims game. And in another sims 4 folder it doesn't have any saves, cache, or stuff like that but in music it has one thing in it and I have no idea why. As for the other 3 (I think) sims 4 folders that I have, there are nothing in them at all.
Message 29 of 77 (291 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I watched a video where someone changed the .ver on their folder and when they changed the name it loaded their game somehow. But, when I did it, it wouldn't let me change the name because I had an existing save with the same name. I don't want to try to do things on my own and mess everything up but I don't know if that screwed up my saves now.
Message 30 of 77 (289 Views)