Re: I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
The only thing I have to figure out is the mods/cc because I have to unzip them which is a little confusing and I have to test them which wasn't working before but I am so happy I got my progress back thank you soo much!!!!!!!
Message 71 of 77 (429 Views)

@tinateen122  I'm so glad to hear that.  (Sorry, I got caught up in something for a minute.)  Now, you'll want to test each save to make sure it's working.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 72 of 77 (424 Views)

★★ Apprentice
How exactly do I test each save?
Message 73 of 77 (422 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Also, what do I do with the stuff inside my sims 4 user data folder. Like the old cache, tray folder and old saves folder.
Message 74 of 77 (421 Views)

@tinateen122  You test each save by loading and playing with it.  If you only have the one family that you just recovered, you've done what you needed to do.  But if there are other households, try loading them as well.  You're just making sure that every save is intact and playable.

Once you've tested all your saves, we can move on to the other contents of the user data folder.

Message 75 of 77 (407 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Okay I only have one household so I think I am good. I am going to test my mods and then probably finish it tomorrow and i will keep you updated.
Message 76 of 77 (399 Views)

@tinateen122  Sounds good.  I hope everything continues to work, but remember that some of your mods might be outdated.  If a batch of them won't load, it doesn't mean that your game is broken, just a mod.

Feel free to post back here with any other questions, and good luck.

Message 77 of 77 (397 Views)