Re: I'm at a stand still with sims3 issues

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

I'm at a stand still with sims3 issues

★★★ Newbie

okay, so I've done everything any forum i can find says and anything i can think of at the same time , restart laptop, update game, uninstall and reinstall , even just tried to uninstall generations but the base game just won't launch ever since i downloaded sims 4 and generations which I've wanted for what feeling like forever and I'm to the point i might just ask for my money back with the sims 3 and generations and only use sims 4

Message 1 of 4 (283 Views)

@Kat1eKatt  Please let me know the specs of your computer and which other Sims 3 packs, if any, you've installed.  There are certainly a number of ways to troubleshoot this issue, but where to start will depend on your operating system and hardware.  If you're not sure how to find that information, you can run a dxdiag (Windows only) and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Or, if you're on a mac, here's how to find your specs:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I play on MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 i also have high-end loft stuff pack and generations and it ran very well on my laptop till i finally got generations then it wouldn't open no matter what it pops up with trouble launching it and everything is updated and i searched all over the web and done many things to fix it , i guess i just need someone who doesn't find temporary fixes for things because even those don't work for me

Message 3 of 4 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kat1eKatt When the game won't open, what error message do you get—what exactly does it say?  There are a couple of different ones with distinct underlying causes.

The easiest thing to do is to pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can play in this new folder, you can move your saves and other content into it from the old folder.

Also, if you haven't already, please run the Super Patch (digital download version) to manually patch the game to 1.67.  The launcher doesn't do a good job of patching on its own, and running the Super Patch won't hurt.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-manual-super-patch-for-mac-1-67/

If these steps don't help, please confirm that you have only High-End Loft Stuff and Generations installed, or list any other packs you have.  Please also provide the specs of your mac, as described in the link in my previous post.  Your operating system is only one of the factors here.

Edit:  I've moved your post to the dedicated Sims/mac section, since your issue is in all likelihood due entirely to your operating system.  Please let me know if you still need help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (247 Views)