Re: How to resize objects on mac (nordic keyboard)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

How to resize objects on mac (nordic keyboard)

★ Novice

I'm having trouble resizing my objects on sims 4. I have a macbook air, fairly new, not even a year old yet. I can make things bigger by pressing `å`alone, but I can't seem to make them smaller again. I've tried changing my keyboard to US but it changes back when I enter the game. I've tried every possible combination. The ctrl + `and ctrl + z, all of them, but nothing seems to work. I have as the title says a nordic keyboard (Danish to be exact) and I can't find the right keys or the right combination. I hope somebody is able to help cause I really need to resize things to make my houses look better.

Thanks for helping in advance Standard smile)

Message 1 of 5 (8,257 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EmmaBTS02

It shouldn't change back when you load the game. In System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources is the US keyboard showing like this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 20.48.11.png

Could you add in the British keyboard and see if that helps?

You should be using the [ and ] keys, as shown on the keyboards.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (8,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have macbook air but my keyboard is french so I can really resize things my keyboard is totally different comparing to the others so I can't really figure out how to resize objects so please can u help me 

Message 3 of 5 (2,497 Views)

@MeganKh0

Hopefully someone with a French keyboard can help you, or you can post in the French forum. In the meantime, you can add a UK or US keyboard layout which will allow you to resize objects. System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources > Edit then click the + in the bottom left corner of the window to add another keyboard setup.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (2,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EmmaBTS02 I tried everything until I found it, and for me (I have a Swedish keyboard) I could downsize with the key with these symbols:' *
Message 5 of 5 (2,332 Views)