How to Download Mods and CC on the Sims 4 for Mac?

by the_looney_liz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to Download Mods and CC on the Sims 4 for Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi so, sorry if this question has been answered but I'm new to the forums and posting in general.

But anyway, I want to start downloading mods and cc but I can't find the mods folder anywhere on my macbook pro. I've tried entering 'mods' and 'electronic arts' in multiple search bars on my computer but I can't find them anywhere. Every forum I looked at everyone kept saying to just go to documents>electronic arts>the sims 4>mods but not only do I not have a mods folder but I also don't even have an EA folder. Since I'm on Mac, I have to use Origin to run the Sims (I mean idk if Origin is a thing only Mac users have to use but nevertheless), so maybe that's why I don't have an EA folder? But anyway I attached a screenshot of what I see when I open the package contents for 'The Sims 4' folder. 

And I've clicked through those folders and the sub-folders and a 'mods' folder is nowhere to be found. And there's no way I could've deleted the folder, even by accident because this is the first time I've even looked through the contents. Not to mention the game would've gotten severely messed up if I did.
Anyway, sorry if my basic knowledge of this stuff annoys you (because it annoys me too). But I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thank you!

**Hi so since I can't delete the question; I just wanted to let you guys know that I figured it out, but thanks anyway!**

Message 1 of 7 (28,230 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to Download Mods and CC on the Sims 4 for Mac?

[ Edited ]

@the_looney_liz

If you are referring to Sims 4, and not Sims 3, you are looking in completely the wrong place. Have you launched the game yet? Launching the game creates the Electronic Arts Folder with a Sims 4 folder inside it. Inside that Sims 4 folder is the Mods folder.

All Sims 4 players need Origin, not just Mac users Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (29,286 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@the_looney_liz

If you are referring to Sims 4, and not Sims 3, you are looking in completely the wrong place. Have you launched the game yet? Launching the game creates the Electronic Arts Folder with a Sims 4 folder inside it. Inside that Sims 4 folder is the Mods folder.

All Sims 4 players need Origin, not just Mac users Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 7 (29,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! Do you mind helping everyone else who I am sure had the same issue by putting the steps to this solution lol. I too cannot find this folder anywhere! Please and thank you!

Message 3 of 7 (17,172 Views)

@Ronisha8

The Sims 4 folder is in the Documents > Electronic Arts folder. Have you launched the game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 7 (17,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@the_looney_liz I don't even get that. I don't see anything related to the sims only Origin. And no folder like that.
Message 5 of 7 (14,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i would like to ask for your help regarding this matter coz unfortunately im in the same situation. And til now i cant figure it out. Will be glad to hear from you. Thank you Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (12,640 Views)

@g9diancin 

You can't find the Sims 4 folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (12,601 Views)