Graphical glitches after June 18th patch

by worm61

Original Post

Graphical glitches after June 18th patch

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Graphical artifacts.
What do you expect to see? Graphical artifacts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 18th update.

Ever since downloading the June 18th update to The Sims 4, I have been experiencing occasional graphical glitches in my game. It only happens on certain objects, but it seems to be persistent. In the attached screenshot, one of the character portraits has been glitched. This appears every time I see this one character's portrait, but it does not affect anyone else's. The other screenshot shows it on an object in build mode. This was the first time I saw it on such an object. I am playing on a brand-new Macbook Pro. No mods or custom content.

Message 1 of 8 (1,303 Views)

Re: Graphical glitches after June 18th patch

Hero
@worm61 The Sim issue appears to be this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Random-Sims-Have-Texture-Overlay-if-Sim-settings-on-Hig...

Could you post a screenshot of your ingame graphics settings as well as the specs for your mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,261 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hopefully these screenshots are enough information.

Message 3 of 8 (1,221 Views)

@worm61

Your Mac also has an AMD graphics card, please could you confirm which one?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (1,150 Views)

Hero
@worm61 Moving this over to the Mac forum so Bluebellflora can assist you better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The AMD card is a Radeon Pro Vega 16.

Message 6 of 8 (1,112 Views)

@worm61

Thanks. It may just be a graphics driver glitch at the moment as your Mac should easily handle the game. A subsequent patch may fix it or future update to macOS.

In the meantime, you could try adding your GPU to the GraphicsCard.sgr file. I can help you with this if you like but first we need to check the device ID of your card. Click on the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac > System Report > Graphics/Displays and select the AMD Radeon. Please could you let me know what the Device ID is.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 8 (1,090 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem may actually have been a short-lived glitch, because it seems to have gone away and has not come back. I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm not terribly comfortable messing around in important files. I think for now I'll let things lie unless the problem comes back. But thank you for the assistance.

Message 8 of 8 (1,081 Views)