February 2015 - last edited February 2015 by crinrict
1. The Sims 4: Now on Mac
When you purchase any edition of The Sims 4, you gain access to both the PC and Mac versions.
If you already own The Sims 4 for PC or just purchased the packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4, you can access the Mac version through Origin. Please note that The Sims 4 for Mac is a digital-only release. At this time, the installation discs found in all packaged editions of The Sims 4 are not Mac compatible. New players who purchase a packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4 will still be able to redeem the code in the box to access the Mac version through Origin.
Don’t have The Sims 4? Get it here.
2. What is the Mac minimum system requirements for The Sims 4?
REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
5. I want to transfer my saves files from my PC to my Mac:
Though The Sims 4 doesn’t support Origin cloud storage, transferring your save files between the PC and Mac versions of the game is easy. All you need to do is copy the saves directory from one computer to another using a USB drive or any other portable storage device.
6. I have already installed add-on content to the PC version of The Sims 4 (ex. The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration pack, etc.). How do I make sure that the same add-on content shows up in the Mac version of The Sims 4?
8. The Sims 4 display issues on Mac
Most display issues can be solved by resizing the window or going to windowed mode (cmd-enter).
If you are using a Retina Display, try not to change to Retina mode and change Resolution at the same time.
9. Can I use the video capture tool on Mac?
The in game video capture feature is currently not supported on Mac at this time.
To open the cheat console, press ctl-shift-c at the same time. You will then see a bar in the upper corner where you can put the cheat. To see what cheats are available, type HELP.