Error when trying to update game

by Fancyjump

Original Post

Error when trying to update game

★★ Novice

I was trying to update my game, and suddenly I got this message. I don’t know how to fix this! SOS  Devil

Message 1 of 8 (1,158 Views)

Re: Error when trying to update game

@Fancyjump

Your post has been moved to the Mac forum as it looks like you are on a Mac Standard smile

Do you have the game installed on an external drive?

Could you run the Origin reset tool then try again?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (1,144 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the game just installed through origin, no disk or external drive. I tried the origin reset tool and no change. I also tried “repair”, to no avail. I cleared out tons of space on my internal disk and now it seems to be working. Thanks!

Message 3 of 8 (1,139 Views)

Sims 4 not updating because of location error.

★★ Novice

I have a macbook os x and i am trying to update sims 4 but i keep getting a location error that says,"Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to EAPatch error: unknown error 0x00002003: File write failure /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/GP04/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp [Class: 3 SysErr: -1 ErrId: 8195] at (:0) Ctx: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/GP04/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location." I reset my laptop and im wondering before i reset origin if there are any alternative solutions. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (1,155 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not updating because of location error.

★★ Novice
I also realized that it says a different version of the Client Delta Build files, by that I mean a different number.
Message 5 of 8 (1,154 Views)

Hero

Hi @ChunLiSims

moved your post to the mac forum.

People here should be able to assist you better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,141 Views)

Champion

First of all, check your Origin settings to see where your games are being saved to. When you reset your Origin, it probably turned on the "save to iCloud" feature which needs to be turned off. This causes Origin to look for your game files on the Cloud instead of on your Hard drive. 

Also, try moving your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where your saved games are stored. Moving the file will cause the game to generate a new one and will clear out any corrupt files as well. 

Please report back.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 8 (1,124 Views)

@Fancyjump @ChunLiSims

I've merged your posts as you are both experiencing the same issue..

Could you please make sure you have enough space on your internal storage to download the patch?

Also, try this super repair:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 8 (1,101 Views)