Re: Sims 4 Seasons won't install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Empty Game Library Server Error

★★ Apprentice

I have restarted my computer multiple times, still doesn't fix it.

Message 31 of 94 (1,035 Views)

Sims 4 won't download

★ Novice

Hi, I bought this game about two years ago and downloaded it fine onto my Mac. I then deleted the game about 1 year ago , and now am wanting to re download.

I tried yesterday to download and I'm getting the error message 'We're sorry Origin was unable to download your game, please check your internet connection or try again later'.

My internet connection is fine. I have tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling, restarting computer. I tried online chat yesterday with EA but it never connected so I couldn't speak to anybody. Its a day later, I'm trying to download it again and its giving me the same error message. Does anyone have any suggestions to what it could be and how I could fix this ?

Thanks

Message 32 of 94 (1,004 Views)

Re: Empty Game Library Server Error

EA SPORTS FC Team

@YoshiinoYoshi We're still investigating the problem. Just give us a bit of time Standard smile

Jason.png
Message 33 of 94 (1,009 Views)

Sims 4 Seasons won't install

★★ Novice

I bought Sims 4 Seasons as a code-in-a-box version and managed to redeem the product code on Origin client. But after the little window showing some basic info about the EP it didn't install. I don't remember if the window even showed an option to install the game or not. And of course I cannot redeem to code again since it says it has already been redeemed.

I tried rebooting Origin and clicking the Update Game button but got this message: "Download error. We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.". The Repair game option resulted with the same pop up window. There is no problem with my internet connection.

The Seasons EP doesn't show on the expansion pack list in the Show Game Details section (it just suggests to buy the EP which I have already done!). 

What should I do?

I'm on a Mac (OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.5). I don't have CC or mods in my game.

Thank you in advance!

Message 34 of 94 (1,003 Views)

@Sjr-213  This issue has surfaced recently for TS4 players with macs.  EA has said that it's working on the problem, but in the meantime there's no real solution.  You can check out this thread for more details and updates:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6938454#M13245

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 35 of 94 (1,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply! Well, that's a bummer - but at least they are working on it. I can also see Sims 4 in my game library and launch the game although I cannot download the latest patch that now seems to be available... I really hope this gets fixed soon and I didn't spend my money for nothing Wondering

Message 36 of 94 (1,047 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't download

Merged all these threads into one. As you can see from @EA_Jason's posts, EA are aware and hopefully going to fix this very soon.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 37 of 94 (1,025 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Seasons won't download after purchase

★★ Novice

I have the same problem ! 

Have you solve your problem yet ?

Message 38 of 94 (1,000 Views)

The sims 4 not in my library anymore

★★ Novice

I was wondering if this issue had been fixed yet, since a saw someone else had the same problem but the sims 4 isn't showing up in my library and it's the only game that I have on origin and I only have one origin account so it can't be the wrong account. I tried reinstalling origin multiple times but it didn't work and even on the origin website it say that I have no games? But sims 4 is still on my desktop and when I try to load it, it says that it needs activation and when I use the code I redeemed it with it says that the code has already been used. Please help and reply.

Message 39 of 94 (1,003 Views)

Re: The sims 4 not in my library anymore

@xoxo_xoxo_ebs

I moved your post to this thread, no need for multiple posts on the same issue Standard smile As you can see from @EA_Jason's responses, EA are aware of the situation.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 40 of 94 (981 Views)