Re: Empty Game Library Server Error

by EA_Jason

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Ok thanks. Send me info if you got any changes. I will also make the same. Standard smile
Message 21 of 94 (3,826 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok thanks. Send me info if you got any changes. I will also make the same. Standard smile
Message 22 of 94 (3,823 Views)

Re: Cannot re-install the sims 4

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @nancyzyx,

We're indeed still working on it, thank you for your patience Standard smile

For more information, please click the following link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6947610#M13261

Jason.png
Message 23 of 94 (3,725 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Update 3

The beta patch has been released today (28th August). If you are still running Yosemite please make sure you are opted into beta participation and download it.

Update 2

We're releasing a fix in around 2 weeks for the Beta version of Origin and a fix for all players roughly a week afterwards.

If you want to opt-in for the Beta version of Origin, you can do the following:

- Go to the Application settings by clicking on your username.

MacSettings.jpg

- Scroll down to Client update and slide the slider for "Participate in Origin Client betas" to the right (it has to turn green.

MacBeta.jpg

Update 1

We're currently looking into an issue where players are unable to download/install any games in Origin and where they cannot log in to Origin on a Mac.

Now there is a potential workaround where you install the latest OS for Mac, High Sierra, but please be careful with this! In the future, OS/X will no longer support 32 Bit applications like The Sims 3. Please read this article for more information: https://support.apple.com/en-is/HT208436

In order to install High Sierra, just go to the app store, search "High Sierra", download it and install it.

(Edit: marking this post as the solution for visibility and explanation. Please make sure to hit the Me Too button in the first post if this is affecting you - BluebellFlora)

Jason.png
Message 24 of 94 (11,229 Views)

Re: My games won't download on a mac

[ Edited ]

@Erinigeo

There is currently an issue with Origin on a Mac - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6947610#M13261

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 25 of 94 (3,721 Views)

How Much Longer Is It Going To Take Y'all To Get The Sims 4 For Mac Running

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello super annoyyed spend a lot of money on this site and now after all of the troubleshooting prescribed by your advisors I cant even access my games through origin. I understand the problem is being worked on but how much longer is this going to take its already been 4-5 days and its really disappointing that no solution has been found yet. Only game I play and its not working and I just bought new stuff packs. So not happyDisappointedConfusedAngry

EDIT (crin): Changed all-caps for readability. Please be also aware that it's considered shouting on the Internet and against the TOS of AHQ

Message 26 of 94 (3,747 Views)

Re: How Much Longer Is It Going To Take Y'all To Get The Sims 4 For Mac Running

Hero
Moved your post to the mac forum for better help

@KymbereeSkye

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 94 (3,743 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Jason My computer is too old to install High Sierra... do I just not get to play my games ever again? 

Message 28 of 94 (3,793 Views)

Re: How Much Longer Is It Going To Take Y'all To Get The Sims 4 For Mac Running

@KymbereeSkye  You can check this thread for updates on the issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/td-p/6938454

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 94 (3,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just tried to log into Origin and got in fine. All of my games were there. Have you simply restarted your computer? Sometimes that clears whatever may be causing you to not connect to Origin properly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 94 (3,779 Views)