Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Does the Sims 3 work on 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display?[Mac]

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does the Sims 3 work on 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display?[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Backstory) My laptop is pretty much a piece of poop and I have been Really wanting to play The Sims 3 on it, but my computer has taken a beating. I want to save money up for a laptop 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I just don't want to buy one and have it end up not working for me. What are the changes of the The Sims 3 working on one? Is there another computer that cost less then the 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display that will run the Sims great? I've watch god knows how many videos of people playing the Sims on the 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display.I see all good stuff then there the one person who says it doesn't work then I get let down. I just REALLY need to know so I don't go crazy.....Wait I'm already crazy. I wan't to be able to have stuff packs and expansion on it to. I own all my Sims games on disk so I would have to buy them off of Origin to download them on to the Macbook. I put a lot of detail into this because I really don't know what I am doing. I put all the games down that I want/ might want. Will it hold all those? What should I do? Is there a better Macbook that would work better?         

(wants)

High-end loft stuff (Have)

Island Paradise 

University Life

Late Night (Have)

(Maybes)

Generations (Have)

Season (Have)

Ambition  

Pets (Have)

(The One I Want And All Its Goodies)

• 2.7GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
  • 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
  • 128GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
  • Intel Iris Graphics 6100
  • $1,299

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2 (3,024 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@Cozzie37

Please read the stickied thread on this forum specifically related to post 2013 Macs and then make up your mind - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

In short, the game is not compatible on newer Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported, especially Intel integrated which the 2015 13" MacBook Pro has.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (4,639 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@Cozzie37

Please read the stickied thread on this forum specifically related to post 2013 Macs and then make up your mind - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

In short, the game is not compatible on newer Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported, especially Intel integrated which the 2015 13" MacBook Pro has.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 2 of 2 (4,640 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help