Does the Sims 3 work on 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display?[Mac]

by Cozzie37

Original Post

Re: My sims 3 wont uninstall or launch on Macbook Air.

@Smellielli09,

Okay, try uninstalling The Sims 3 manually by following this instructions and download and install it again via Origin. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 41 of 274 (680 Views)

Re: My sims 3 wont uninstall or launch on Macbook Air.

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo

Ok thanks ill try that. 

Message 42 of 274 (679 Views)

Re: Won't let me play sims3[Mac]

@Miaaaa13

Is your Mac one of the ones listed here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/td-p/4935394

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 43 of 274 (715 Views)

Does the Sims 3 work on 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display?[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Backstory) My laptop is pretty much a piece of poop and I have been Really wanting to play The Sims 3 on it, but my computer has taken a beating. I want to save money up for a laptop 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I just don't want to buy one and have it end up not working for me. What are the changes of the The Sims 3 working on one? Is there another computer that cost less then the 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display that will run the Sims great? I've watch god knows how many videos of people playing the Sims on the 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display.I see all good stuff then there the one person who says it doesn't work then I get let down. I just REALLY need to know so I don't go crazy.....Wait I'm already crazy. I wan't to be able to have stuff packs and expansion on it to. I own all my Sims games on disk so I would have to buy them off of Origin to download them on to the Macbook. I put a lot of detail into this because I really don't know what I am doing. I put all the games down that I want/ might want. Will it hold all those? What should I do? Is there a better Macbook that would work better?         

(wants)

High-end loft stuff (Have)

Island Paradise 

University Life

Late Night (Have)

(Maybes)

Generations (Have)

Season (Have)

Ambition  

Pets (Have)

(The One I Want And All Its Goodies)

• 2.7GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
  • 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
  • 128GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
  • Intel Iris Graphics 6100
  • $1,299

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 44 of 274 (4,878 Views)

Re: Does the Sims 3 work on 2015 13-In MacBook Pro with Retina Display?[Mac]

@Cozzie37

Please read the stickied thread on this forum specifically related to post 2013 Macs and then make up your mind - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

In short, the game is not compatible on newer Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported, especially Intel integrated which the 2015 13" MacBook Pro has.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 45 of 274 (6,493 Views)

[Mac] Sims 3 wont work fro mack through origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I try to play Sims 3 through my mac through and it says "An error has occurred" and wont let me play. It doesn't tell me what the error is

Message 46 of 274 (771 Views)

Unkown Error After Installing The Sims 3 Base Game?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I recently got a new mac and I want to put the sims 3 on it. I have the disc versions but my new computer does not have a disc port. I registered all of my games so that they now appear in origin however after installing just the base game, I get the unknown error message. I have tried every solution I can find-uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the com.transgaming folders-everything but nothing is working. How can I get my game to work?

@AtopCloudNine I've moved your post to the stickied thread related to new Macs. Please read the opening post for more information - BluebellFlora.

Message 47 of 274 (3,752 Views)

[Mac] Stuck on loading screen in Sims 3?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game was working fine with no expansion packs, but now that I got a couple expansion packs it won't work. If you know the game, then you know that after you click the play button it opens up to a blue screen with the sims logo, then goes full screen. Mine is stuck on the blue screen with the logo. Just to make sure it was really frozen and wasn't working slowly, I left it on that and it stayed up all night. This is on on my Mac. 

Message 48 of 274 (1,378 Views)

Re: [Mac] Stuck on loading screen in Sims 3?

@treeleaf66

Is your Mac one of the ones listed in this stickied thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

AHQSigImage.png
Message 49 of 274 (1,367 Views)

Re: [Mac] Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Message 50 of 274 (3,081 Views)