Re: Deleting CAS Demo?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Deleting CAS Demo?

★★★ Novice

So I accidentally downloaded the free Create a Sim Demo before realizing it's only for Windows (I have a Mac). Now my Sims 4 base game doesn't show up in my Game Library (I can only play from my recently played tab), and any time I try to play the game it gives me a warning that "playing during a download can cause problems." I've repeatedly ignored the prompt, and played without issues anyway. But I really would like my game to be in the Game Library, but when I go to uninstall the Create a Sim Demo, the warning worries me because I think it's going to uninstall the entire Sims 4 base game? I have my games saved, but I'm still concerned it's going to remove the whole game from Origin (I'm new to playing on PCs). Any advice?

Message 1 of 4 (834 Views)

@kphauldren

Do you have a filter set in the top right corner of Origin which is stopping it from showing the game? Set the filter to only show Mac games and the CAS demo will disappear. I don't understand how you could have downloaded the demo when it's Windows only. Is it greyed out in your games library?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

No there's just absolutely nothing in my Games library, which prevents me from even filtering anything. I don't know why it let me, but it never actually fully downloaded, which probably explains why.

Message 3 of 4 (785 Views)

@kphauldren

Click on your Games Library, do you not have Filter at the top right?

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 22.12.27.png

Run the Origin reset tool then try again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (774 Views)