Custom content has completely disappeared!

by yoosungg

Original Post

Custom content has completely disappeared!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello! Quite sadly, nearly all of the custom content in my sims game has disappeared- both out of my game and mods folder. I had at least 100 items in my mods folder ( my resource.cfg is still there ) and am now done to about 20 or so. Everything was working completely fine until I saved a few sims and I exited out from the game. i needed to download 3 different cc items and i did so ( put them in the mods folder as i do ). I couldn't have accidentally deleted anything as I was only putting my content in the folder. As soon as I loaded the sims- the sims I previously saved  were missing a lot of their cc. At first I just assumed they saved incorrectly ( or something along those lines ) but i checked my mods folder and everything had disappeared. The items I had just downloaded were okay along with some old cc that had been downloaded ages ago and I don't expect to get my other custom content back Disappointed but if somebody could offer an explanation- I would appreciate it. I'm quite scared of downloading anything else at the moment.

don't know if this is beneficial at all but im playing on macbook air 10.9.5

Message 1 of 4 (716 Views)

Re: Custom content has completely disappeared!

@yoosungg

What game are you referring to? The Mac forum covers Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Are your saves loading ok (apart from the missing CC)?

If you are referring to Sims 4 have you recently patched the game which would have disabled CC in game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm using Sims 4, i am able to save my game fine and after the recent update, i had re-enabled cc. I was able to see the cc in game after I re-enabled- and then it disappeared, 

Message 3 of 4 (681 Views)

@yoosungg

So the CC disappeared after you closed your game and restarted it but you were still able to play the same saved game? The game wasn't like starting it for the first time?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (670 Views)