Re: Cheats on Mac

by GLaDOSFoxyTARDIS

Original Post

Re: How to activate cheat text box of SIMS4 for MAC

Champion

It could be that your keyboard is set for another language without your knowing it is. Check the System Settings on Mac and see if something else may have reset it to something other than English. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 40 of 179 (5,709 Views)

Re: [MAC] Cheat Box Won't Open

★★★ Newbie

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!

Ive been on the sims 4 for about 2 years now and i have always used the cheat bar for money cheats for all of my sim households. Irecentley discovered the problem of the cheat bar not opening when i typed ctrl+shift+c so it was a big shock and surprise to me. I had to delete my game slot and restart my hoseholds on a game play world (oasis springs,newcrest,and willow creek) in order to have the cheat bar. It obviously showed up and i was relieved that it worked. I am not sure if it will work on expansion pack worlds that i have once ive restarted but i would like to just share what i found out with you guys!! 

Message 41 of 179 (2,883 Views)

★ Novice

Try Command + Shift + c

It works for me!

Message 42 of 179 (369 Views)

@GLaDOSFoxyTARDIS

If you use the CMD key, not CTRL key, it means that some other software on your Mac has overridden the default keyboard settings, or the modifier keys have been changed in System Preferences. The default keys used for the cheat console are CTRL, Shift and C, even on a Mac as the game doesn't recognise that we use the CMD key instead of CTRL key for commands.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 43 of 179 (343 Views)

★ Novice

Oh ok, thanks for telling me.

Message 44 of 179 (337 Views)

Re: Mac Sims 4 Cheats

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I've benn having the same exact problem, and I would really like to get money for my sims. So can you find another way for it to work. Also when I press COMMAND+SHIFT+C all it does is takes screen shots of my sims, so I'd really like to get 50,000 simoleons.

Message 45 of 179 (107,547 Views)

@laya120985

You'd like someone to find another way to make it work for you? Maybe if you pressed the right key combination, CTRL, Shift, C, you'd have better luck. The Accepted Solutions on threads in AHQ are always worth reading, as are the other posts in the thread Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 46 of 179 (107,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you solved this issue?
I bought sims 2 for Mac cheat console didn't come up so I got bored and got the sims 3. The cheat console came up no problem for it. Now I just got the sims 4 off origin and I'm having the same problem. No cheat console , just screenshots.
No I don't have other apps running , keyboard Not broken and nothing is using those commands.
Message 47 of 179 (101,356 Views)

@angggsays

If you're getting screenshots of your Mac it will be because you are pressing CMD, not CTRL.

You don't need other apps to be running to affect this. Just installing software which changes the default keyboard settings is enough.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 48 of 179 (6,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah I have tried both ways Frown
Nothing at all happens when I use control /:
Message 49 of 179 (6,647 Views)