Cats and Dogs DLC crashing game

by honorbayley

Original Post

Cats and Dogs DLC crashing game

★★★ Newbie

After downloading the Cats and Dogs  DLC in Sims 4 on my macbook my game keeps crashing. My game does have problems crashing anyway but usually It works eventually. What should I do?

Message 1 of 3 (514 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs DLC crashing game

@honorbayley  Crashing has many causes, one of which is a corrupt file or files.  So the first thing to try is to drag your TS4 folder out of Documents (not just pieces, the entire thing) onto the desktop and launch the game.  A fresh, clean folder will be spawned with no added content.  Your saves will not show up but will still be intact in your old folder.  If you can play in the new folder for a bit, you can start adding content in from your old folder, a little at a time.  When your game starts crashing again, you'll know what's causing it.  You could also have a corrupt or otherwise problematic save, in which case it might be best to abandon it or revert to an earlier version of that family.

If you still get crashes with the clean folder, even before you've added anything to it, you should post your mac's specs here, including your OS, along with a list of all the packs you have in play.

gather mac specs:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (492 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs DLC crashing game

@honorbayley

Have you managed to fix the issue yet? Perhaps your graphics settings were too high for your Mac. You can reset them by going into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and trashing the Options.ini file.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (361 Views)