Re: Can't open my game

by Galaxytii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't open my game

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I can't open my sims 4 on my macbook anymore? I've played it several times without no problems before, but now it won't open?

I have tried to shut down my computer several times, open origin again and then open the game again, but it says it can't open?

Hope you can help me.

- Sophie

Message 1 of 13 (1,237 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @soffybf, can you share the exact error message that you are seeing?

Do you happen to have any mods installed, if so can you remove them and then try launching the game again as a faulty mod can cause issues such as the game not launching.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (1,212 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @soffybf, can you share the exact error message that you are seeing?

Do you happen to have any mods installed, if so can you remove them and then try launching the game again as a faulty mod can cause issues such as the game not launching.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice

Ye I doesn't work for me too so what the f.

But I want to open Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 and it wont open.

Message 3 of 13 (1,093 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @Galaxytii.

What platform are you playing on and what exactly happens when you try to launch the game?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Nothing really happens except that game won't lunch up, I don't really know why but I am trying to solve this problem for few days now so If you can help me I would be very happy!And I am playing on a PC with all the latest system.

Message 5 of 13 (1,070 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try repairing the game @Galaxytii , just open your My Game Library and then right click on the game icon and select repair. This will then check your installed files for any issues.

If that does not work then can you please grab a DxDiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 13 (1,063 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, I am repairing it now. If it Will not work Ill give you my specifications but ill cover my pc's ID and that private stuff is that alright?

Message 7 of 13 (1,060 Views)

Community Manager

That is fine @Galaxytii  but a DxDiag does not contain any information that you would need to worry about sharing.

Dakro

Darko.png
Message 8 of 13 (1,057 Views)

★★ Novice

Is it possible that my game won't lunch up because I don't have DirectX 11 I only have DirectX 12. Is that maybe a problem?

Message 9 of 13 (1,056 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Ok, heres my document

Message 10 of 13 (1,053 Views)