Can't load Sims 3 games

by Chelsea_H_427

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't load Sims 3 games

★★ Novice

I have had Origin with Sims 3 for about 4 years now, and for the last 6 months I have been unable to play sims 3 on my new MacBook Air. It's downloaded on Origin properly, but whenever I select the games to play it, it says "Unknown Error Occurred." I have tried downloading and uninstalling a couple times before, and I have no idea what is going wrong. I really want to play it again. help?

Message 1 of 2 (682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't load Sims 3 games

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Chelsea_H_427, Please be aware that MacBook Airs are not gaming computers and that Sims 3 may be unplayable on that laptop. Did you play on another Apple computer before or a Windows machine? You may be able to load and install the Base Game and some of the Expansion Packs, but Seasons and Pets are almost guaranteed to be right out of the picture. Sims 3 is not well suited to play on Macs due to a lot of problems with the port in general. However if you read the thread link below and follow it step by step, you may be able to get a least the Base Game to run.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

You'll need to reinstall the game on this computer and following the information above, you should be able to get it to run again. Please be aware that the laptop will need a lot of room to insure that it stays cool. If you play on a pillow or on your bed, it tends to cover the air vents thus causing the laptop to overheat which will shorten the lifespan of your computer.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (665 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't load Sims 3 games

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Chelsea_H_427, Please be aware that MacBook Airs are not gaming computers and that Sims 3 may be unplayable on that laptop. Did you play on another Apple computer before or a Windows machine? You may be able to load and install the Base Game and some of the Expansion Packs, but Seasons and Pets are almost guaranteed to be right out of the picture. Sims 3 is not well suited to play on Macs due to a lot of problems with the port in general. However if you read the thread link below and follow it step by step, you may be able to get a least the Base Game to run.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

You'll need to reinstall the game on this computer and following the information above, you should be able to get it to run again. Please be aware that the laptop will need a lot of room to insure that it stays cool. If you play on a pillow or on your bed, it tends to cover the air vents thus causing the laptop to overheat which will shorten the lifespan of your computer.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (666 Views)