Can't Launch Sims 3 after Origin Update

by searamoon37

Original Post

Re: Can't Launch Sims 3 after Origin Update

★★★★★ Novice
There's no Plumbob icon showing up when I click on the Sims 3 folder.
Message 11 of 16 (312 Views)

@searamoon37  Alright, where exactly are you in this process?  Normally, you'd open Applications, then the Sims 3 folder, and you'd see an icon for the base game inside, as well as (probably) the uninstaller.  But if you've partially uninstalled, you might not have one anymore.  So if you could tell me exactly what you're currently trying to do, I could tell you what to look for.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 16 (301 Views)

I clicked on Sims 3 folder and show contents

★★★★★ Novice

I’m trying to uninstall all Sims 3 files so I can do a clean install. I clicked on the Sims 3 folder and no Plumbob showed up for me to click on to bring up “show contents”. What do I do now?

Message 13 of 16 (299 Views)

Re: I clicked on Sims 3 folder and show contents

[ Edited ]

@searamoon37  If you're trying to do a clean uninstall, there's no reason to dive into package contents.  In fact, after the first steps of uninstalling, you probably won't be able to find those contents at all.  What you need to do is trash the Sims 3 folder in Applications, then find and delete the hidden library files as described in Bluebellflora's guide.  I've already linked it, but here it is again:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

P.S.  After you've seen this reply, I'm going to merge this thread with your other one in the mac section.  [Edit: I moved it.]  There's no need for multiple threads for the same problem.  Plus, there's really no one else providing mac help in the TS3 section.

Message 14 of 16 (292 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
There is no plumbob showing up in the folder......
Message 15 of 16 (200 Views)

@searamoon37  Can you please tell me exactly where you are in this process?  If you've started to uninstall, please uninstall all the way, following these instructions:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Next, install the base game only from Origin.  Once it's downloaded and installed, you will see the plumbob icon inside your TS3 folder in Applications.

Message 16 of 16 (194 Views)