Re: Scroll wheel won't let me change camera angle.

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Camera zooming/rotation glitch after June 2019 update

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict yes I'm experiencing the exact same issue on my mac! I'm so glad I'm not going crazy!
Message 81 of 302 (931 Views)

Re: MAC Sims 4 Trackpad Issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@olivial0pezThat's what's happening to me now! I've repaired the game, restarted my computer, and even deleted mods (although I only had one). It'll rotate for me, but it won't zoom which is extremely frustrating. I'm having these issues after the update. I can't even zoom in build mode.

Message 82 of 302 (960 Views)

mousepad camera controls on sims 4 not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

When I opened my Sims 4 game today, I was able to do the rotate mouse controls but not the zoom in and out mouse controls. I closed and reopened my game to try and fix it and this time I tried zooming in and out first, and it worked, but then the rotate feature wasn't working. I tried this many more times, and it seems that every time whichever mouse control I use first works but the other one in turn does not. I have tried restarting origin, restarting my computer (mac), changing to sims 3 camera, and inverting each of the controls. The buttons on the keyboard which control these camera functions still work, so the camera isn't entirely broken, but I'm used to using these two controls on the mousepad in tandem pretty much constantly and without both of them working at once it makes the game a lot harder to enjoy. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Message 83 of 302 (911 Views)

Camera Problems

★★ Novice

After updating my Sims 4 yesterday, I have bumped into a few problems. When I get on the game at all, I can either pinch zoom using my keypad or rotate using my keypad. Not both at the same time. This means that after I restart either Origin or the Sims game itself, only one of those camera options work for me.

Before the update, both the rotate and the pinch zoom worked perfectly. My Mac has more than enough storage for the game and I have changed to and from the Sims 3 camera many times. I have also restarted Origin, Sims 4, and my computer at least twice. Oh also, I do not have mods. 

After looking at all of the other questions/answers, I cannot seem to find one that fixes my problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this? 

Thank you so much! 

Message 84 of 302 (917 Views)

Re: Camera zooming/rotation glitch after June 2019 update

★★ Novice

I am experiencing the exact same thing! I am glad that it's not just me... I was getting worried! 

I hope someone helps us out. There is nothing more annoying than not being able to both rotate and zoom with your keypad.

Message 85 of 302 (938 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★ Novice

I’m gonna be super pissed if this is still an issue when Island Living drops tonight. I don’t care about a “workaround”. It’s irritating and stresses me out which is the opposite of what I want when I play a game. I feel like an issue that all users of a certain OS are having should be addressed far faster than this...

Message 86 of 302 (924 Views)

Re: Camera Problems

Hero
@lauracessary Merged your post with exiting thread for this issue.

Please refer to the first post for a workaround on this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 302 (909 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having this issue too. First time I went back in after the patch I was unable to rotate using my mousepad. I exited the game and removed all my mods. When I went back in, I was able to rotate but now am unable to zoom in or out.

I play on a Mac.

Message 88 of 302 (914 Views)

Hero
@ellenmayberry Moved your post with exiting thread for this issue.

Please refer to the first post for a workaround on this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 302 (901 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

@windwaker941  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the initial post for a workaround.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 90 of 302 (900 Views)