[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 3 university disc NOT FOUND!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My sims 3 university disc keeps saying it isn't found. I have done the file deletion as mentioned in previous posts and have no downloaded content found in the launcher. I don't understand why it isn't working as it was just fine a few months ago when I last played.. PLEASE HELP!

@Stormsluvsalot87 I have moved your post to the stickied thread relating to Mac disc error issue on this forum. Please read and follow the links in the opening post. BluebellFlora.

Message 41 of 248 (14,118 Views)

Re: Sims 3 University Life- No game disc found [Mac]

★★★ Newbie

How do you download the digital version?

Message 42 of 248 (17,429 Views)

Mac Wont Read Sims 3 Disc

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my sims base game and expansion packs about 6 times.The game starts normals but once i come to the part where i can choose a household or create a new game it comes up with the disc not found for sims 3 into the future, I've uninstalled into the future and tried it than but the same thing happens with the next expansion pack, my game was working perfectly until i tried to add mods to my game and now its not working. its been at this for 3 days. I have a mac book pro please someone help me.

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 43 of 248 (978 Views)

Sims 3 Game Won't Start MACBOOK PRO.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, My name is Chiara. I am trying to play my sims game in my new macbook. I've already installed it and played it once. I went to put it in tonight and it will load all the way to the title screen, even play the whole title screen scenario, But as soon as it gets to which family I want to pick it tells me the there is no disc inserted even though there is a physical disc in the CD drive. I've tried blowing on the disc and cleaning it off, and even restarting my computer and it won't work. I can't seem to find EA support so I've come here. Please, help me out. It would be appreciated, thanks! 

Message 44 of 248 (946 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Won't Start MACBOOK PRO.

@chiara_brke

Your issue is addressed in the stickied thread on this forum - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518

Please also bear in mind that you may have a problem playing the game because the newer Macs have graphics cards which aren't supported in the game. Please see this stickied thread for more info - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Game-stuck-on-blue-start-screen-with-plumbob/m-p/4935394#U49...

I'm locking this thread for now but feel free to post in these relevant threads Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 45 of 248 (937 Views)

Re: Mac Wont Read Sims 3 Disc

@rileykelly18

Please read the stickied Mac thread related to this issue and try the fix in the opening post links.

I'm locking this thread but please feel free to post in the aforementioned thread Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 46 of 248 (984 Views)

enter disc but not disc drive sims 3 macbook

★★ Newbie

i downloaded the sims 3 stater pack and bought the sims 3 pets via origin but when i go to load the sims 3 on my macbook it says sims 3 showtimes and to enter a disc, but my computer doesn't have a disc drive nor do i have a physical disc. please help! 

Message 47 of 248 (917 Views)

Re: enter disc but not disc drive sims 3 macbook

@lauren1955

The game will load the latest, by release date, EP. Showtime came out after Pets so that's normal. Or have you not purchased Showtime? Can you list the EPs/SPs you have?

Please try downloading and installing the digital patch to fix the disc error issue.

Moving this thread to the Sims 3 forum.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 48 of 248 (919 Views)

"No game disc found! Please Insert The Sims 3 game disc before proceeding."[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I launch the game and all the previews come up, but it's slow to load, and once it does, it shows this notification over and over. I've restarted my computer, I've ejected, and done as much as I can think to do. I have the game disc in the drive and I don't have this problem with my other games. I need help. Any one have any tips?

Running on Mac - OS X El Capitan: Verson 10.11

Game: Sims 3

@paytonkmoss I have moved your post to the stickied Mac thread specifically related to this issue. Please read the opening post and follow the links provided to fix the error. BluebellFlora

Message 49 of 248 (14,113 Views)

Sims 3 is loading to start up but then getting error for no disk[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought Sims 3 and downloaded everything. The game loads just fine but after going through the start up process and before the game officially begins I get an error code telling me that the disk has not been found and to insert it into my disk drive. I can't even start the game up without the disk in it. I currently have a MACbook Air. I'm getting very frustrated and ready to take the game back. Please help.

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 50 of 248 (902 Views)